1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The red endangered Avventura

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Vidhyashankar Kannan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Decided to do a 60 km roundtrip today in the hot sun to see how the car holds up. We went to Decathlon to get some stuff. The outside temperature was around 35 degrees. On the way, the constant complaint from my family was my slow speed! No one could believe that I was doing 90 km/hr and taking turns at 70. The car was effortlessly doing such speeds and taking superbly controlled turns. No wonder my other Fiatian friends kept telling me to be careful as the car's stability belies its speed. The AC too worked like a charm. Being the initial run-in period, I did not exceed 2000 rpm in any gear. The car is just amazing. I understood when I kept overtaking all other cars on the turns. The Fiat is planted. It behaves as if it has the centre of gravity of a worm. I do not understand how Fiat designed a car with 205 mm GC and controlled body roll.

After shopping the car was a nice tandoor inside. The AC worked so well. After the Maruti Zen, this is like a dream. But most of all, we all appreciated the 3 rear seat belts and the 60:40 split seats. The photo below explains it so well. The cycle would have never fit had it not been for the split seats

IMG_20150308_151549.jpg

It was a great drive and it was very difficult to keep the rpms under 2000 as this car really likes to be driven hard.
    Tornado, sunil216, pdash and 10 others like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Vidhyashankar Kannan. Red looks scorcher of a color, though I've never seen it in flesh in an Avventura. Keep clocking more numbers, that's the only way one can grow love for a Fiat! Enjoy the journeys ahead and drive safely.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Gentlemen, my sincere thanks to all of you for your best wishes. I decided to have some fun late last night. The car is new and so still has a nice clearcoat on it. To try and lengthen its life, I decided to wax it and see what happens. Turns out, it really shines. After 45 minutes of getting drenched in sweat, I wondered if I was nuts or just hopeful. Turned out to be the latter. After the wax settled, here's what it looks like

IMGP4065.jpg

The watchman couldn't believe his eyes. I told him not to wash the car everyday IMGP4066.jpg

Night is when it gets eye popping
    IMGP4067.jpg

IMGP4070.jpg

That reflection said it all P3100005.JPG
    Worth it? Oh absolutely. It looks like a poser now.
    Tornado, sunil216, PradeepM and 12 others like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent write up.Your avventura is really hot.nice clicks.

if you are 6 ft tall you will never get the comfortable seating like in FIAT's as compared to the other cars.

these days i'm driving manza Quadrajet (90HP Fiat engine) and i can feel that i'm at 90Kmph speed, as you mentioned the speed with FIAT's will never give you a feel of 90Kmph.

Enjoy your ride,happpy miles with more smiles.
  5. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    My friend, your sweat hasn't gone waste. It's looking SMASHING!
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Yo Boy! Red Avvy is looker. I wonder how people can ignore such a beautful mean Driving machine.
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan

After the waxing, the glazing is beautiful.

To keep the claddings black, get hold of a used instant shine(sponge) polish like kiwi/cherry blossom, dab tire polish on the sponge and apply it on the cladding. Shine with a dry cloth immediately.The cladding will remain black. I keep my car's cladding black using the same method.
  8. Sheldor

Sheldor Novizio

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I wanted to opt for Orange color but after seeing your pics I'm thinking twice :p

Which color guys, orange or red?
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have seen both the color in flesh.Go for the red, man.Orange is different; but red has the WOW factor.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

Your beauty looks "red"dy to pose at a European auto show. It will easily make the other models (car and bekaar both) standing around, see ':rage:' ! :p