1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The red endangered Avventura

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Vidhyashankar Kannan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    It's too early for me and thankfully I have ample time. If viaggio hits out shores sometime early 2020's it will surely find a place in a parking slot at home.

Am I being too optimistic ;-), lets see.

2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Yes you are! Though I liked the 'understatement' of....'early 2020s'.

The Viaggio isn't selling that well in China, the only country it's been planned-for, how could it in a market with 15-20 brands and firms, all much older and bigger than Fiat in India? The hatch version, the Ottiimo, is interesting and equally unlikely to ever come here, if it even gets a next-gen in China, which is unlikely, given the focus on Jeep, Alfa, 500X etc.

What one dearly yearns for is one or five of the new Euro-centric 'premium within mass, chic, retro etc' models to be launched here, ckd with light localization: 500 5-door, 500X, 124 Spider/Coupe, maybe Aegea too. But for that different dealers (mostly) and a whole different branding focus would be essential, since the image, the usp ... and the prices would be SO much higher than where Fiat is right now in India. perhaps that will happen a year or three after the Jeep brand and dealers are established here in the bigger cities, say by 2018....or as you humourously point out: 'early 2020s'.
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot and @PradeepM

If you've seen today's focused ad of that cretan from Hyundai called the Creta, you will see how focused the company is. They published a launch date in advance, gave out only teasers of the car, released it bang on the launch date, 2 full and front page ad in the papers, aggressive TV advertisement immediately which shows the "handling" of the car as an SUV. They have got it bang on. No marketing stone unturned. They will obviously make tons of bookings and money. They know how to make a clinical campaign.

The icing on the cake is the comparison in the papers only between the Terrano, Duster, Ecosport and Creta! Where's the Avventura!? Its like the unwanted bastard in the car industry.

The biggest mistake according to me is that Fiat showed off its creations. Absolutely stunning interiors and exteriors which Hyundai is already plagarizing to include in the Verna's facelift I'm sure. Maybe even the Eon's facelift. And the reviews talk about Creta's superb "handling"

I'm afraid even if the Viaggio or the Aegea ever comes to India, they will have little chance to even pinch Hyundai or Honda by then. And the prices will have to be so high that they won't even figure in the shortlist again. Such good cars with no place to go

It is imperative that Fiat markets better in India. Otherwise, the competition is catching up fast even on the USPs of Fiats such as better handling and steering. There is a large improvement between the i20 previous gen and the i20 Elite. Much better handling though not as good as Fiat. With today's technology and constant iterations, they may soon achieve 80-90% closeness to Fiat's abilities and that will be enough to kill the competition. Just my 2 cents. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    prabhjot, abhinav_nani and PradeepM like this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Vidyashankar kannan, Avventura is kept away from comparison. Because Duster vs ES vs Terrano vs Creta is comparison of overpriced mini SuvS while Avventura Emotion is clear VFM product at sub 9 L tag.

I20 Elite sucks if you seat on the rear seat.
  5. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    If the Ecosport is in this list, then the Avventura has to be too. There are so many dopey comparisons between the i20 Active, ES and Avventura. So how does is vanish off the list when the ES is there. Of course the Avventura is too good a VFM at 9 lakhs.

The i20 Elite sucks I know, just saying they have improved from the previous version. In the sense, they are taking their marketshare very seriously and doing engineering improvements continously along with the sales bludgeoning. That's what counts. Unless you're a brand that sells on name alone.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I agree. Avvy's chief competitors are etios cross, i20 active, polo cross and Ecosport to an extent, because all of them are under 4m. Creta belongs to Duster / Terrano, XUV and S-cross category.
    prabhjot likes this.