1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The red endangered Avventura

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by Vidhyashankar Kannan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  3. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Brilliant write-up and I share your thoughts. I stopped en route to my hometown in HYD at my cousin's place a year back. Earlier when I told him I booked a Punto he was like "low resale blah-blah". When I turned into their street and going up the ramp I can see the spell-bound expression on his face.
    But he still said I could've gone for the Ertiga as it's a 7-seater for the same price :O . Out on the Outer ring road the next morning, I handed him over the wheel and sat mouth-shut. He drove on and was not willing to let go or stop even after 150km. We showed him the ODO and said we need a break. The silence was enough. He was enjoying the moment :)
    FIATs are underrated beauties or I'd say niche cars that appeal to a certain lot. As long as other manufacturers purchase their engines and they keep on selling/servicing in India we're fine. Maybe they're stuck with less freedom of budget to advertise etc.

The reactions and Oohs and aahs I had, when I got the Evo right 1 month after the launch will make a separate thread. People were awe-struck. "This is cheaper that Zdi, but more premium; This steering has life"..and on and on were the comments.

Congrats on a brilliant car.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, iit is a steering wheel with life, some times I feel like checking the steering wheel with stethoscope.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Very rightly said, it is an undervalued car as well by most of the customers. Well we cannot rule out FIAT's mistakes which just doesn't allow the shady cloud to leave the brand. Resale as I said in some of the earlier posts as well is not calculated properly by our market and its stays a perceived notion that a FIAT sells for less however factors like initial cost & maintenance cost is not taken into account.

Mate,

You just had me in splits, hope you were not mocking ;-). Anyways a tag line of FIAT " Say Hello to Life" may be should be changed to " Say Hello to the steering" :) .

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you @Ravi Varma : Yes, I agree on the whole thing. But then, don't you also see that the same people who admire our Fiats so much still never go near them when it comes to purchase? That need for resale and emotional safety steers them clear away from Fiat. Your cousin may have loved the drive but do you think he will purchase a Fiat? in all likelihood, he will mostly go get a Maruti and find ways to prove to himself that his car is better than a Fiat in most other ways and so compromise on his thoughts. Most people now know that a Punto beats the Zdi in nearly every way. But they still don't touch it. The herd mentality and the need for security is too high in Indians.

But yes, the Avventura is a brilliant car for its purpose. I feel sad when I see the recent cross comparisons happening only between the the i20 Active and the Ecosport. The Avventura is out of the picture! And it beats these 2 cars hands down on driveability, GC, ownership cost, safety, handling, braking, roll on times and steering. That's life!

Then we take a longish drive and all the above are forgotten. Just pure driving pleasure. Resale value? Who's selling?!
  7. carfreak

carfreak Timido

Mumbai
    Who cares for resale value when you enjoy driving. Those who buy for resale are the ones who just want a means of transportation from one point to another.

I myself am a proud owner of a Linea for the past five years. Even when I sell the car it wil be for a FIAT.

No other car impresses me with the level of comfort & features that Linea has to offer in the sub 10 lakh bracket
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @carfreak, but there is nothing in their stable so as to upgrade or replace the Linea.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

I hope the 'new Avventura' they've plan-promised for end 2016/2017 will be Duster-sized, and not sub-4m, for which the current Avventura is, amply, class-best. Priced, say, like a Suzuki S Cross, with the t-jet and the 1.5 mjd?

If not, I guess the Jeep Renegade would be the only other 'upgrade', d- or thereabouts segment-wise, possibility out of FCA/Ranjangaon by 2017? Which is very fine enough for me, and will likely be the next one I get, unless the 500X arrives say by 2018, too!
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot, Palio adventure & Agea is already launched out side India, they must bring it here. My second car is due purchase in this half of the year. I need atleast a. 5&1/2 or 6 seater,(Mobilio, Lodgy, Terrano).
    After driving, Avventura for 6 months, you can understand my plight of going for other brands and missing the steering & suspension of Fiats as my father is eyeing on my Avventura.