1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Red baby Punter

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sakartechin, Oct 16, 2013.

1. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    20000 KM Mark

It’s been a long since I have updated this forum. I am happy to share the news “I am blessed with a baby girl”. So for past 6 months was driving along Bangalore > Trichy > Chennai > Bangalore back and forth.

Also my baby punter reached 23,000 km in span of 17 months. I see a fair usage of my baby punter.

Here are my refill details completes 50 refill.
    upload_2015-3-4_12-12-16.png

2nd Free Service Cost

Date : 22/08/2014

KM : 13865

Cost : 7143

Service : KHT Service Centre Bangalore

Wheel Balancing & Wheel Alingment (along with wheel rotation)

Date : 03/01/2015

Last : 13865 (During Previous service, previously 11,160 @Madhus Bangalore cost 460/-)

KM : 21751

Cost : 1350/- (along with free alignment nxt 3000 km)

Service : XL tyre point Chennai

Quite costly when compared to Madhus Bangalore, but I felt it’s quite long overdue so wanted to get it done. I am planning for next WA/WB approx ~26000-27000 km.

Quick Stats

Car’s odometer kilometre runs over time.

upload_2015-3-4_12-12-48.png

Fuel price Lowest was 49 by the time I finish writeup its 53 again

upload_2015-3-4_12-13-1.png

Total running cost for 23K km in a duration of 18 months

upload_2015-3-4_12-13-14.png

Best mileage during the run is 23.5 kmpl with average speed of 58km/hr. While driving from Bangalore -> Srirangam Trichy over distance 340 KM. This was covered over duration 6hours.

upload_2015-3-4_12-13-30.png

However there lot of questions on the reliability of trip meter. Hence I did a full tank <-> full tank check but during a different trip with AC and avg speed more than 75 km/hr. Fuel consumption was around 19.5 ~ 20 kmpl.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the baby girl @sakartechin !! And that's a comprehensive log :watching:
    sakartechin likes this.
  3. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks pabhishek
    pabhishek likes this.
  4. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes i must say you have doccumented all your details very well, this data can be of very much help to any of our member, also if you can share those excel files of "Running cost" then it will be great.. ;););)
  5. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    swgaan likes this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    sakartechin likes this.
  7. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cheers pradeep a good to app capture the info
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2015 ---
    Updating this thread with my second service bill which came around 7143/- without change in brake shoes

IMG_20150311_111416947.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  8. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ***** Guys Need your urgent suggestion ****

I just completed 25000 km mark today . I was traveling to bangalore to chennai today morning and noticed LHR wheel air is less. So I stopped in Puncture shop Bangalore-Hosur road . Guy fixed the puncture, I used nitrogen for tyres and this guy filled in normal air.

While I insist on release all nitrogen and just fill in normal air the mechanic said there will be no issues of having both nitrogen and air and not sure about the pressure he kept on tyres , I think is higher than 32 normally is used to have.

Outside temperature of 40 C and while crossing kanchipuram LHR wheel bursted. I was in a speed of 80 - 100 km/hr, I heard a blow noise. I just slow down the car and stopped by left lane. Luckily No wobbling and inside people my father and mother they didnt even feel the tyre has blown.

I quickly replaced it with spare tyre and safe to chennai. I am planning leave chennai on Tuesday.

What you guys suggest here ?

Shall I go with single alloy bursted tyre replacement , while others look good and feel it doesnt require an urgent replacement.

If so what tyre shall i go for ? Will this combination workout ?

Your quick suggestion is really appreciated

Thanks
    Sankar
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Though a bit late reply, but you should only replace the busted tyre. There won't be any combination issues , if you get proper WA and WB .
  10. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No problem pabhishek, I went to XL Tyre point as they suggested I got a Bridgestone tyre and using it in the rear . 2 months now no issues found prefectly fine.
    pabhishek likes this.