1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The poetic, gorgeous and spectacular! yes finally its come home

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by vaibhavc, Dec 30, 2012.

1. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi all,
    Finally the poetic, gorgeous, exquisitely curvy and the ever obedient LINEA was at home last week (sorry for the delay in posting, was out of state for 3 days). Clocked 1200 Km in about 5 days of travelling and the experience is just great to say the least.

Few niggling problems though at the time of delivery. Delivery was late, waited for almost 3 hours to get the delivery but it was worth the wait after seeing the vehicle AC vent on the driver's side had a missing piece (replaced by the dealer later). The driver's side door was not opening from outside after unlocking the doors. So had to make another trip of 100 Km (both ways) to get it rectified. Some connection had come out,problem fixed. I find the driver side door handle not so smooth..it opens with a thud unlike the other doors which open nice and smooth...

Driving is great. The car is very stable,seats are comfortable.Engine response is nice and smooth and it doesn't feel as if you are driving a diesel car, pickup not as bad as some of the other members have written though its definitely not anything special, though on steep uphills if the rpm falls then its a bit tardy. Getting back from 5th to fourth gear is a bit notchy i felt view from inside the cabin is good. I liked the seating position, yes, head room behind is little tight. Driver information is adequate though i feel the display could have been improved.

Couldn't understand Trip B setting and usage, someone please enlighten me on this.

Dust on Tuscan Wine colour is very evident, needs more frequent washing.Would like to add few accessories other than the standard ones provided by the dealer. Reverse sensors is one of them.

any advice for reverse sensors (type/make)?

Will post few photographs soon.

In the meantime, Drive safely, year end so be extra cautious.No reckless driving and WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. :-D

Note : Please...do...not....post....like...this. Request you to use comma(,) semi-colon ( : ) and full stop (.) appropriately
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hearty Congratulations Vaibhav. :)
    Wish you thousands of happy miles with her.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Vaibhav. :)

Regarding TripB. There are two trip meters, trip A and trip B. Trip B can be enabled or disabled from the My Car settings. Do take time to read the manual. You will get to know a lot of new and important things.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Vaibhav !!

For all your queries a simple search of the forum will give you a lot of information
  5. Congrats buddy.. Post the pics soon, And Have a Happy Drive.!:p
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Welcome to TFI and congrats for your Car. Waiting for detailed report with photos. Hope to spot your TW Linea some time.
    1200kms in 5 days is a excellent opening.:)
  7. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Thanks! Nice to know of Goans on the TFI!
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  9. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Vaibhav. You are from Goa.!!! Good ,join the meet in jan at your place.
    See you.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is the list of GOA-TFI members

26warren -
    ABARTH18 Fiat Enthusiast
    bennick12 Linea 1.4 Dynamic
    carwatcher Linea 1.4 T-Jet Plus
    friskyporsche Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pk
    HammerHead Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion Pk
    imran Grande Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pk 90 HP