1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Stunning restoration Nitin. I saw your bike on RDD or xbhp maybe. Very rarely do we come across such high level of restorations.

I didn't know that the 4 speed also came with the catcon. Though i'm a RD guy, but having an RX as daily driver sounds perfect.

Are you running the RDD ignition?
  2. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thank You for your kind words Gurjinder :) Yup, I am running RDD ignition on this.

4Speeds post 2000 came with cat-cons, initially the fat heavy ones (like the one seen on my bike) later on they came with lighter and narrower ones.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Nitin, is there any disadvantage of using the RX135 4 speed chrome silencer on the RX135 5 speed ? 4TL10 bore.
  4. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hmm..I am not sure. 4TL10 you mean 12BHP bore right? If yes, then there should be no problem, atleast theoretically.

Hopefully somebody more technically competent can answer your question properly.

P.S: Layman way of doing this is, getting hold of both the parts catalogue (5Speed 4TL10 & 4Speed) and see if Yamaha has different part numbers for these.
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hey guys....I am looking for new tyres for my Unicorn, I plan to go for tubeless ones, but when I checked with Michelin they said they don't have the tubeless for unicorn.

Need your inputs and suggestion on which tires should I opt for...both front and rear
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think unicorn comes with 18" wheels in front and rear right ? i suggest you go ahead with michelin M45 or sirac( or sirac sport). even though they are tubes, they perform extremely well and also priced similar to MRF. i m running on M45 in my rear tyre for past 18k kms and never had a puncture in it , ridden through all kinds of roads including a couple of full offroading sessions, still it looks as like new and good for another 10k kms min. Dont upsize it considerably.. try to stick to stock size as far as possible.
    For front, you can choose MRF zapper FS . Havent explored michelins for front tire ! check out in the shop before buying..
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi guys ,

I am having Yamaha Fazer and the back wheelhave puncture at least once or twice a year.
    when i inquired the MRF shop he itself suggest its not a good one every one is complaining and changing. even i have read threads saying with in 6 months of buying the wheel buttons have gone off and needs to change . Have any one faced this.

FYI the back wheel is Radial tubeless tyre and not suitable for indian roads this is what he is saying
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Hi, I just want to point out a flaw of logic here though I was not part of the discussion, but only a follower. If some one had never tried to do a suicide, still he can stop another from that? :D
    Sorry to break the discussion. Please continue.
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    while comparing Hero motorcorp and Honda, Hero still using Honda engines in their bikes.? when will they make their own engines?? I dont know why some of my friends says CB twister has complaints reported all over but that was best economical bike offered by Honda. I am looking for a bike which is economical, reliable and should be low maintenance . suggestions please..
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My suggestion woild be Hero Passion Pro. Its a good looking bike with decent performance and fuel efficiency.