1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I know i'll probably pick up a fight over saying this and end up with a black eye or two :p, but -

A sincere appeal /request to all readers, members. Please do not flush your engine by this method. There are better alternatives available.

Think about it- draining the engine oil,and idling the engine with only diesel/petrol in the crankcase(even for 30 seconds) is good or bad? Ponder over it.

Gurjinder
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    The flushes that are available outside are the purest form of diesels 100% hydrocarbons with detergents.In a way ur still using diesel(purest) to flush your engine.Flushing is no big thing,but doing it in a proper manner is a must.Pouring in normal diesel doesnt do any harm.This is tried n tested.Since you've not tried this i would say you wouldnt recommend it.To each his own.You love Motul so u recommend it(but pulsars dont love motul).I've flushed using diesel hence i recommend it.Ya using petrol for flushing is a big NO NO in my books too.And flushing is only done to engines more than 20-30k on odo.

Your probably scaring people out by writing the above stuff :-D Peace \/
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    If a sincere advice, aimed at preventing an untoward incident /damage is being interpreted as an attempt to 'scare' people, then really i have nothing to say.

Cheers.

Gurjinder.
  4. Fiat-yamaha

so you ot the pistons from outside and have the same old 4 speed box?
    is it?

Guys,
    i am upgrading my rx-100 to 115.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

Buddy you have never done/tried flushing ur engine then why give advice to people for something that you have really never done or tried??
    I've done a lot of flushing on bikes(my friends,cousin etc) with amazing results, hence im recommending the same.If you google then you will see that many people back in europe/usa use diesel to flush their engines and sumtimes use corn oil also :-D and sometimes add 50ml of diesel per litre to engine oil to flush. Ford recommends diesel to flush if u research more.

Peace :) \/
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Ever heard of an aggressive engine flush using multiple oil changes in a matter of hours, or have you heard of injector purging? And doing all of this by oneself at home? I have done it.

Think hard, before you label the other person as an ignoramus.

Gurjinder
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

You might be doing all that.But i was talking about ordinary diesel flush.Im not gonna argue on flushing henceforth :)

Sent from my Google Ideos X5 using Tapatalk
  8. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    my, forever young bike

Picture 447_2.jpg

Picture 916.jpg
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hero Honda is now Hero Motocorp

Hero Honda is now Hero Motocorp.