1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Of course it is.. may be younger by just a couple of months or so. :p
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

My Rocket

This is my Ride......

Model: 2005
    Mods: Converted to 150cc(Imported kit), indicators, HL & speedo
    OEM paint

My love was lost in the month of April but the crush i had on her got back to me with in 25 days from the day it was stolen.:p

Now kept it safe at my grandpa's garage, using only on weekends:cool:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    varunrtr, bna, Tony and 1 other person like this.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Nice to see loads of Rx n bullets on this forum,that too all r well maintained :)

Thats a nice ride dude.

Sent from my Google Ideos X5 using Tapatalk
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

That's a well maintained bike yaar. Can you give me the details of the kit that you have imported. From where, cost extra things done for fixing it etc .
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Ya my engine must have worn out by first oil change and after that it stopped any further degrading as Motul 300V came in, so i still keep pouring 80-100ml oil every 1500kms from last 9 years and replacing after every 3500km.

The real beauty of this oil is seen on highways, keep your engine over 80kmps for hours and engine will be butter smooth, thus ensuring the comfortable long ride with stress free engine, but its there detergent quality that kills them slowly.

By the way 300V does have 15W50

And agree, i am kinda dumb head moron:dancing:dancing:dance:dance
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

To each according to his own. Although i'm quite surprised by your amateurish debate skills.

And yes, Motul 300 does evaporate and wears out quickly and needs frequent top ups due to its inherent character. I hope you're happy now.:). Cheers brother!

Yes, that's why i opted for 7100. One of the variants of 7100 is 20W50, which suits my needs perfectly.

7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Share you unlimited knowledge and we can talk like Gentlemen, just saying other person has limited knowledge doesnt help much unless you know the person in and out.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Although we are not doing the thread any justice, but i shall reply.

I said you have limited knowledge about high quality synthetics like the 300V, and i stand by that statement.

Your claim of fully synthetics "evaporating/breaking down/liqudating very fast" in itself shows that you need to read up a bit about synthetics and know why they are preferred to mineral oils. Had this been the case , then why would any one ever use synthetics? :)

The most important quality in a good quality synthetic is that it resists breaking down at levels where other oils, read mineral oils, would simply be useless. And here you're saying that synthetics break down very fast. :confused:

Can you please elaborate what "liquidation" of an oil means?:confused:

9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    My Bike: Hero Honda Karizma 225
    Model: 2004
    Done: 31000Kms

Back in 2004, when I got admission in College, I wanted to buy a bike. Daily commute was 25Kms (to and fro journey).

Bikes under consideration:

- DC Designs so called sports bike kit (Modified Splendor, Suzuki Samurai).
    - Bajaj Pulsar 150/180
    - Kinetic GF170 Laser

2 of my friends back in school days got their bikes modified from DC design studio in Chandigarh. They provide a kit for 20k for your bike. Either you can give them a 4-stroke bike (HH Splendor) or a 2-stroke bike (Suzuki Samurai). I wanted to get the 2-stroke one for obvious reasons. Searched a lot but came to know that DC has shut shop from Chandigarh.

Then came other alternatives. First one was to buy a Kinetic GF170 Laser and get the engine covered. to give sports bike look. Covering the engine in this bike is very easy owing to the design. But then, I saw some kinetic bikes standing in the service center for more than 2 months so dropped the idea of this bike.

Laser 170.jpg

Second choice was to buy a Pulsar 150 or 180. Pulsar used to come with a round headlight in those days and they had just launched a new model with a fairing around the headlamp. The bike was good but it did not suit my height. I found it a bit small for my taste.

Then came the surprise. Hero Honda Karizma. The prices were slashed from 80k to 70k so it came within my budget. The speedo console was beautiful and I had seen a newspaper AD of a yellow karizma. I insisted on a Yellow Karizma but none of the dealer was willing to get anything except Red and Black or Silver.

Saw a Turquoise Blue Karizma and it was looking marvelous but suspicion of color fade kept me away from it. And the suspicion came out to be true. It does fade.

Finally, after 2 months of waiting, the dealership called me that they have got 3 yellow Karizma on special order and one of them is already sold. Rushed to the dealership and saw 2 yellow warrior bikes glancing at me. Booked one by paying token money immediately.

My parents brought it home in the next 1-3 days.

So that's my story. Pic of my bike and me on the day I got it. I parked it inside my house.

By the way, someone scratched my bike at 3 places the very next day. :( I feel pity at such cheap fellows. Same thing happened to our Punto. Someone scratched it while the car was being washed for delivery inside the workshop of the local TATA FIAT dealership. Had to got the whole quarter panel repainted and the boot was touched up with brush at 2 places.
    varoon9999 likes this.
  10. fiat-yamaha

nice ride.
    is that a 135 5 speed you got it uprated to 150?
    or did you get that full 150 engine imported?