1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Viny, it is a great bike. I am fully satisfied with the 93K I spent on this. I used to enjoy the attention my bike attracted for several years. The performance was amazing and at 3 digit speeds, it was stable and steady. It is almost deja vu for me with the Punto - the attention it gets as well as the ride and handling compared to competition.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @varooon

Thats a nice ride.Loved it.

@srikar

Buddy dat a mean machine!! Y no papers?? Hw did ur dad manage to get one of these??

@nitin

Really must say you've maintained ur ride really well.Still shines :)

@doc

Update ur luv story with the karizma soon :p

@royj

Thats an awsome machine.I luved the eliminator bcuz it had the Kawasaki DNA.Avenger means nothing to me.

@viny

Thnx for the technical explaination.Indeed Motul is a very good oil,but 300V doesnt gel well with bajaj bikes.I've used fully synthetic's with my bike and faced no issues till date.But scared to pour in 300V as the cbz is a decade old machine.But i would pour the Motul 5100 15w50 Single ester.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Alright guys , quick suggestion . I have a RTR , about 3 years old , done close to 20K Kms , all timely services . Recently I got it serviced at a TVS center and they use the crappy TVS Tru $ oil . I notice that the engine temp rises pretty quickly , cuz I can feel the heat and fumes . Earlier I used to get it serviced at Castrol Bike Zone and the bike was on Castrol Activ . I need to change my oil now . It sjust been 15 days since the last oil change . Is it ok to change the oil in such short interval ? If yes which oil can I opt for ?
  4. nitin
    cool ride.
    is the paint still original?
    or did you have it repainted??

RX100 was my first bike. silver colour.
    sold it off when i bought FZ.

aaron
    the bike, my dad had some one in contact at hero motors.
    they got the bike imported for them selves for their R&D. now that their job was doen, they wanted it out!!!
    the company poicy was, you cannot sell a bike unless you made the bike or homologated it.
    that was not the case.
    they sold it off as scrap.

60k it costed for the scrap(BIKE) so no papers
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @gautam

Bike engine running hot can have other reasons also apart from oil.

Have you checked the spark plug to see if it's running lean?
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gautam

Ask ur TVS service guys which grade of oil they have poured.Mostly im guessing it should be TVS Tru4.If ur engine is heating then a reason could be a faulty spark plug,not changed oil at all and charged for the same,wrong grade of oil poured.Check ur manual and see what grade is recommended for ur bike and buy the recommended grade and get the oil changed at a local mechanic in front of ur eyes to be sure :p

Castrol Activ 20w40 is very good when it comes to heat management.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I have a very sad story..

I bought my first bike "My Pulsar 200cc Black Beast"... I drove it for 2 years. Bought it from my first salary and joining bonus paycheck.
    It was my heart and soul and i decided that i will never sell it off till the day i am alive.

I still remember the day "I had to sell it off due to some reason, a tough one". I literally cried for three hours sitting alone in a garden. I just loved my bike.
    I still miss it :(

thanks to My Punto, she has taken care of me and helped me overcome those days.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Shashank you are not alone. The same thing happned to me when I sold my 1.2 Emotion Punto. :-(
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You read my mind :)
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Roy, I thought you were only crazy about cars. That's a wonderful bike you have there. By the by the snap of you along with the bike ,is it also as old as your bike :). After seeing your snap only I actually remembered that there was some bike launched by that name . Hope you are not facing any spare part issue.