1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

It's not about the gurus on X/T bhp.Comments by owners are enuff to judge.Im not saying motul is bad.Even i love motul infact my next pour in would be Motul 5100 15w50.It's the only thing that the Motul ester based oil's dont go well with the pulsars.Have experienced it myself (bro owning classic 180) along with a frend owning 200cc limited edition.Heavy leaks were observed and had to revert back to their previous oil.Apart from the leaks they also observed engine being coarse after 800-1000kms.
  2. This was one bike i loved so much, did 120+ couple times on higway,recently gave to to my Co-brother as i didn't want this beast to go to any body else.

3. Roy,

That was an awesome looking bike, I remember going to Jayanagar popular automobiles to see the bike, at that point of time no other bike looked like that.

Probably first Indian cruiser .

Do you still get the engine parts for it? I am not sure why Bajaj changed the engine and the badge on this bike.

4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    here is my 1st ever commitment(8 yrs and still.....).................story follows soon.....

Himachal, Chandigarh,Andhra,Bangalore,Gurgaon,New Delhi.........

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
    2 people like this.
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Thanks Sat..

Yep and though small, the only real one..
    I am still looking for a worthy replacement for this bike.

I have not had any problem with the engine so far.. touch wood.
    As for other parts, those of the Avenger suits fine. Just that they don't have the quality of the original ones :(
    Bajaj had to reduce the cost of the bike to face that unworthy competition from Yamaha Enticer and this was one way to do it. Once the engine was changed, the badge had to be changed.
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

My 1986 RX100. Its served the commuting needs across two generations! My dad used this between 1986-2000 everyday for his office commute. From 2002-2011 I used it for college/office commute. If parts weren't an issue and petrol hadn't shot up to 72Rs. this still would have been my regular commuter.

2 people like this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Gurjinder: Try Motul 300V instead of 7100, its much better product comparatively, especially if you are one who makes instant pickups and does long rides.

@Gurjinder: Few words

1. Its not all about esters, its more than that, Motul 300V is double ester oil, has very high detergent quality, the rubbers used in tappet bolts to seal up where not inert to chemicals (detergent) used in Synthetic oils. Thus for few bikers the tappets bolt gave away leading into leaks.
    2. Secondly the slumps in engine which should have not been there, where removed by the OIL, which its suppose to do, resulting into opening up of pours in gasket and tappet bolts.
    3. I hope you also know about FUCHS (Silkolene), Repsol etc and capabilities of there products.
    4. And your line about OIL consumption, please note, fully synthetic oils evoprates/breakdows/liqudate very fast, if you use Motul 300V you would be required to do a top up of 80-100ml per 1000-1200km, no mater if you use pulsar or you use ZMA.

Being FAN is good, but being practical is human :D

Disclaimer: I am using Motul 300V Factory Line in Pulsar 180cc Classic from 2002, bought 2 packs of 1Ltr 300V last week itself MRP 850+. New price will be Rs 945 per liter effective from July. Might have used over 2 dozens of those bottles :p

Thats an awesome machine, I wanted the same in 2000/2001 but could not dare to spend 92K on a bike while all others like splendors, calibers etc where near 40K
    I am sure you had a great time with you bike, this is one of the better time traveled bike, even today the Avenger looks as fresh and as attractive as it used to be originally as Eliminator :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
  8. @ Varoon i loved your registration plate. Seating capacity 1,2,3... infinity :evilsmile:up:lol
    Very true, especially the police here does some acrobatics :D
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Thanks Viny for suggesting 300V, but i'm going for 7100 because it's 20W50 ,just what my Bullet needs and is ideally suited for thumpers.

Secondly, i've said it earlier, i'll say it again- oil consumption is due to two factors:
    1.Worn engine
    2. Incorrect choice of viscosity of oil.

If the engine is eating up oil, it's the engine's fault, not the oil's. Be it Motul, Castrol etc.

The above statement highlights your limited knowledge about high quality synthetics like the 300V, so no point of me arguing with you.

I'm not a fanboy, but i give only facts, no conjectures.

10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ha ha ha....thanx chetan.....

even i remember my graduation days when i had kept this cranky reg.plate,i was caught couple of time and cops used to call my bike"bike with blackboard"..

i used to have 4-5 no.plates at a time..................

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011