1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. kedar bhai
    thanks. the only problem with it is that it does not have papers and cant be used regularly like other bikes within the city.
    it has real gem of an engine. awesome torque!!!
    and the monoshock at the rear does its job real good.
    and its engines are from YAMAHA!!!!!!
  2. hi aaron,
    yes the TPFC are for show off but complete the bike look. no i don`t have the rubbers which was with TPFC. i don`t even remember it has any rubber support for TPFC but willl try something so that it don`t vibrate much. And about the spare parts TPFC and Mud gaurd i m try in bangalore. i m getting the after market one but the plastic quality is very poor. So try in to get the original. i`ll let you know if i need one from mumbai.
    and thanks for the info on Engine flushing method. i`ll try that in future if i think engine is heating too much. In Summer time in Hyderabad its really had to drive my bike to 5 kms. it get so much heat up that it really don`t get pick up.
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

CHethan , please go and take a test drive of the TVS Wego . I have one and I love it . You'll never want to ride an activa or an access again . Amazing mileage . really really smooth and absolutely rattle free unlike the activa
  4. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

+1 to Gautam....I also have Wego its gud..
    Guyz please which engine oil I should use in my Pulsar150, its already done 44K.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    My Karizma 2004. Will update later.

6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Pulsars run very good on 20w50.So you can buy any oil with the viscosity of 20w50.Don't go for Motul.Pulsar's and Motul dont go well.There have been cases where guys have reported of considerate drop in oil level without any knowlegde leading to engine seizure(frequent top ups of more than 200ml).The esters in motul oil dont go well with pulsars.You can start using Fully synthetic oil since ur ride has crossed 44k.Castrol Activ Extra 20w50 is one option for you.But please buy castrol oil from authorised dealer.

Tight in the sense,Its responding quick in every rpm now.Not dead like before.Very happy to redline.Feels like theres lot of juice in the engine.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  7. royj

royj Esperto

I learned riding on my dad's Vespa 150. My first two wheeler was Kawasaki Bajaj KB100 one of those earliest models that was launched. It served me well for almost 14 years. My current ride is again a Kawasaki, the Eliminator 175. This one is with me for the last 8 years.
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I totally dispute this statement.

Can you cite a technical report stating that 'the esters don't go well with Pulsars'?

Oil consumption is not due to x,y,z oil. Its either a worn out engine or a very wrong choice of oil viscosity .

I've said it earlier and will say it again. To give your bike/any petrol vehicle the absolute best , give it Motul. Rest aren't even in the same league.

9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Aaron, sorry buddy, i know the level of discussions happening on X/T bhp. I've read posts which are utter crap even from the so called ''Gurus''.

So if a bike is eating up oil or leaking it, the fault lies elsewhere and not in the oil.

Cheers. No point going round and round.