1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

@drive drift

Those tpfc panels are only show off.Mud gaurds are easily available in bombay.Tell me if u need one.TPFC panels require proper fitting otherwise they start vibrating after certain rpm.Do u have those rubbers with u that hold them to the tank??

To all those who ride a Hero Honda or Honda bike.Please stay away from that Hero Honda/Honda Oil.It's really bad.It will screw up your engine in the long run.Instead use an oil having a grade of 20w40 onwards.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Aaron - to each according to his own.

But an engine running,yes idling on the stand, without a lubricant in it for say 30 secs is not good. Not in my book.

3. man what do you mean by a tight engine?
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Diesel has been an approved flushing agent from a long time.Ford also recommends it.Infact many tuners/mechanics approve of this.After my immense research on the net i poured in diesel.After that its been 13k kms,no problem till date.Engine has been rev happy.AFAIK Diesel is also used as a lubricant to an extent.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    I am not old enough to own a bike, so here's my cycle review-

* Tom Cat- It was my first two-wheeled bicycle (with training wheels). I don't remember anything except it was purple in colour.

* Hero Kid (2001-2005)- I learnt to ride on two wheels on this bicycle. Was yellow in colour.

* Hero Buzz (2005-2007)- Silver in colour, it was a ice cycle, but was plauged with rust and brake issues and a torn seat!

* Avon Victor (2007-Present)- My first cycle with gears and shockers (blue colour). Turned out to be a lemon :(. The front gears (High, Med, Low) are faulty, front shockers are not functioning, rear shocker is broken. Brakes are non-exsistent. Rear tyre got punctured even after changing the tube :confused:. Is now rotting in my garage.

* Hercules Fusion (2011-Present)- Was going to buy a Hero Razorback, but the shopkeeper suggested this one. After a "Test Ride", immediately bougth this one. Has got excellent brakes (something that I was craving for 6 years). Has got shock absorbers and is red in colour.
  6. Wow this is an easy way to flush, i thought i should go to mechanic. You guys Rock!

Thank you so much!
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Dont raise the bike too much in excitement.See to it you dont raise above 3000rpm in neutral or in gear.Strictly to be done on main stand.DON'T RIDE!!
  8. my ride.

I got this after i passed my +2.(2nd Hand)
    It has got no papers.I use it in my farm.

Bought this since i needed one like this.

The Bike is from SACHS. A German Company.
    125cc,2 stroke,6speed.

4 people like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Aaron thank you so much for starting this thread.

Srikar you have great bike. :)

Let me start with my collection.

In School days my dad gifted me Hercules Ambush Bicycle.

Then in college days I was using Hero Honda Splender 2000 & used it till 2007 & then sold it.

Once I moved to Pune in 2005 from my Native place I bought my self owned first Bike Hero Honda Hunk. It was great bike. Very styling, road grip & ride quality. Even I liked the smoothness of Engine. I completed 50000kms & sold it to my friend.

In 2009 I bought Honda DIO also.

When I sold my Hero Honda Hunk, due to increased fuel prices I decided to move to the Bajaj Discover series. I test drove Bajaj Discover 100cc & 125cc. 100cc Discover was crap & I opted 125 CC Discover. I bought Bajaj Discover 125 in last month & enjoying the mileage. I am getting 65-70kmpl. :wow

I will not compare Bajaj Hero Honda/Honda. It is not at all possible as I used Hero Honda and Bajaj.

Bikes owned
    1) Hero Honda Splender ( Sold )
    2) Hero Honda Hunk ( Sold )
    3) Honda Dio ( Still with me )
    4) Bajaj Discover 125. ( Still with me )

10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Wow that bike is a charm! Looks so good! Wished i had one..

Now Now Now, I had 3 gearless scooters in 3 years!
    1)Honda Dio- Just hopeless thing. Nothing is good except the handling.. Mileage is worst in the whole segment, 25Kmpl. Sold it after 8000Kms.
    2)Honda Activa- Good only for seniors. Nothing very impressive to talk about. Mileage is good, around 40-45Kmpl. Wonder how same engines manage different mileage! Drove it for 4600Kms. Then sold it.
    3)Suzuki Access- This thing can sweat some 150cc bikes! Amazing pick-up. The front shocks tend to lift in triples :p :D Mileage is around 40Kmpl. Driven 6000Kms till now. Will sell it after i get my LICENSE! :D