1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Official 2-Wheeler Thread :cool:

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pioneeraaron, Jul 9, 2011.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Still now Hero is getting engines from honda only
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

If you are looking for something which can be considered a family bike , I suggest you go for yamaha SZR. Have a test ride & see how good it is. I think a good buy in the 150 cc category which is not so costly, decent looks, low on maintenance & in the mean time gives a good economy.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

thanks for the responses..
    @cinju hows the maintenance cost of yamaha compare to Honda..?
    I had one HH spendor, the only problem I have faced that, its low intensity head light.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Three of my friends took this bike & their requirements were the same as yours. None of them had complained anything so far. If you compare the 150 segment Unicorn with this, Yamaha would be much cheaper.Even the overall running cost would be less. Just go & have a ride. I am sure you will like it. My personal likes were very refined engine, nice pickup, very good seating position & the rear seat height /inclination is not too much. So the pillion rider especially ladies will be little more comfortable to sit at the rear.
  5. This is good bike, it has oil filter unlike mid range bikes from Honda or old pulsar, so one can have a longer drain period than 3K kms.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Any one has firsthand driving experience of 4 valve 3 spark plug engine from bajaj? I think it starts from 135 cc if i am right? Are they KTM engines?
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Changes in the oil filter design doesnt mean by any sense that one can have have longer drain period !!! even with synthetic oil, its better to drain off oil at 6k kms..with normal mineral oil, it should be changed every 3-3.5 kms to keep the engine safe !!

Bajaj's new engine for the p200NS is a lift from KTM.. the stroke and bore exactly the same as KTM's but i just dont know where the hell they managed to put 3 spark plugs in place of 1 plug in KTM engine ! A friend of mine from pune bought it recently and told its pretty good.. I tried duke n its drive and torque is impressive !! but it can be used only for one as rear seat can only be used to tie your saddle bag ! and its exhaust note sucks !!
    chk out this thread for p200ns user reviews !!
    [Ownership Thread]: Pulsar 200 NS - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
  7. Why not ? oil can last more then 3.5 K kms. In a honda Unicorn where it doesn't have oil filter at all (just a mesh) needs frequent drain due to carbon particles being abrasive and travelling all over the engine and gearbox.

When there is proper oil filter to catch them,you can have longer drain period, I have used Fiero with 10 K drain period but used the change the oil filter and at 3k and top up.
    I used to use semi synthetic oil, had 67 K kms before selling it and buyer still has it and clocked 1.5 lakh kms with out any engine rebuild. before every drain i used to do flush with diesel, only one did a head decarb and tappet adjustment couple of times

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Thanks for the info , I heard there is 135 cc bike now with tripple spark plugs and 4 valves.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Sat you were having the earlier Suzuki made Fiero or TVS made ones ? Fiero was one gem of a machine. The Fiero engine was also made to last long.
  9. It was Suzuki Feiro, issue with it was torque was available only in higher RPM hence more gear shifts in city drives and stability at high speeds were not great.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Sorry to say this,
    whenever I feed down and sad, riding my Apache RTR 180 makes my day. It gives me a big grin and that adrenaline rush which makes me feel young and makes me do stupid things rather than my Punto which makes me feel like a responsible man. I drive my Punto having a constant look on the instantaneous consumption whereas I don't bother when I ride my RTR. That small twist of the throttle gives that wonderful roar and that wonderful pick up which is jus kewl :)

My next acquisition will not be a car for sure, I don't think any car in the range below 15L is worth buying when I have my Punto.

my next wish is,

Ofcourse she is Italian,

3 people like this.