1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The new Oil Burner in the block

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, May 3, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Thats is some news.. I guess Hyson SA doesn't know which glass is being used. He was plainly defending that they use only prices as given by fiat and no info about which company or glass is being used. May be with time they will learn but i would have appreciated if they had told me this as justification to why they charge approx 10k for the windshield

I specifically asked him if they were using Asahi India and if so they were grossly overcharging.

Hopefully my brother will pick up the car today after service. Will wait for his inputs on the performance as i can do the TD only coming Saturday when i am in cochin.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  2. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    I would say go ahead and claim insurance. You have paid the premium so money is already spent now you want to pay more in the anticipation that tomorrow you will save on your NCB. While a majority of people will do the simple math of spend now versus the value of NCB in the future, but then value of money today and in the past is always going to be more than it's value tomorrow. So with tomorrow's money having less purchasing power than today's it is obvious to put your money to better use elsewhere and use the money already spent, more so when you have 0 dep.

In your policy depending on your insurer you may have the following features
    1. NCB protector. In addition to 0 depreciation, your NCB may not get effected for claims made (generally limited to 2 claims per policy year)
    2. Consumables Included. This will take care of the cost of adhesive etc in short you will pay only the file charges.

Get the OE windshield it is always better than any aftermarket one.

3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    30000km Service ( 3rd Service) from Hyson-Kochi

Got the 3rd service of my Linea done on 16 April 2013. Hyson took 2 days to complete the work and i was in no hurry to get the car quickly serviced as we had our Dynowhite doing the running around for week. After service took the delivery of the car on 20 April 2013 from Hyson as my brother didnt get time to pick it during week days due to work.

Some of the issues pointed before service:

1. Sluggish pickup
    2. Dicky shock to be replaced
    3. General Service ( 3rd FREE SERVICE)

Below is the bill charged for the same:
    3rd Service_Hyson Bill 2013.jpg

After Service:
    -Engine has become very smooth and i felt less noise when compared to before service
    -Better pick up
    -Dicky shock replaced under Warranty

Apart from Service, I also opted for the Premium Interior & Exterior Cleaning from Hyson for which they charged Rs 3000/-
    3rd Service_Hyson Bill 20131.jpg

Premium Interior and Exterior Cleaning: We were totally unsatisfied with the job done and felt 3M does a better job with cleaning.

Work pending now is Windshield replacement which will be done this week or next...Waiting for few clarifications on Insurance.
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I had to get my punto's bootlid shocks replaced long time back under warranty!
    That time i was confused as to how this part can give problems... later I noticed that everyday while entering office, security guards open the bootlid and many times they dont slam it back properly and it does not get locked. as a result i used to drive around with an unlocked bootlid many times. this obviously put lot of extra pressure on the shocks and they ultimately gave up.
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    But in linea there is no chance of this happening as we have the door open alarm which indicates even if the boot is open. So might be some other cause or may be i am that unlucky:( one to get this issue. Since It was replaced under warranty i have no complaints
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    3000 for interior cleaning is on the higher side. What type of interior cleaning was it? The rest of the service cost is as expected.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    It was nothing like what i experienced in 3M HSR. Only that much i can say :)I did this on test basis to decide on future actions in this regard and i am pretty sure what to tell next time if they mention cleaning.

I will be replacing the windshield and the seat covers this time around. Once i have enough Vitamin M, I am going straight to WSE, Madiwala and the SEAT cover guys near arekere. Heard they are pretty good.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Even Punto has boot open warning in MID. The hatch struts were changed in my 2012 75HP too. It was not falling down as in your case but it was not going up either.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    the older actives did not have this warning along with many other warning messages as the MID is different.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I doubt if warning msgs are limited to Emotion variants. On my Dynamic variant Punto, I have seen door opening warnings but never saw boot open warning msg... or may be i have not noticed it yet. For linea emotion pk variant, it is there for sure :)