1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The new Oil Burner in the block

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, May 3, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    thanks for inputs Ravi sir. it seems like I will have to change the windshield.
    is there any particular brand of glass I should opt for during replacement.?
  2. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    My E-Mo is almost ready for the 30K km 3rd Service. Happy that we have the very Own FIAT EXCLUSIVE: Hyson Motors Service Center which opened in Kochi to take care of her...

List of issues to be rectified.

1. Change Windshield
    2. Boot holder or hydraulic rod that hold the boot open has gone kaput. So need to change that part
    3. Our driver hit the car onto a barbed wire while reversing which has cut open the bumper, scratched the chrome plating and small crack on the taillight. As a temp solution i have Sticker to cover the cuts on the bumper. Will check with SA if it needs to be replaced. See image
    20121216_130354[1].jpg
    Too bad, i dint have TFI Stickers when this happened:(
    4. General 3rd Service.

Any idea how much the 3rd Service might cost.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    As for Windshield replacement, not much choice there. Asahi India <AIS> holds 70% of the market.
    I have not heard of other brands.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Try if there is a windsheild experts in your city. The cost is much lesser compared to getting the windshield replaced at FASS. Or is it that you are claiming insurance?
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Paul normal third service means we need to change all the lubricants like engine oil, power sterring oil, brake fluids, coolants and gear box fludis.
    Cost for general third service will not exceed 8k. It should ideally be around 6k
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    In Kochi Windshield experts have a shop. Not planning to claim insurance if cost is below 7k.

Thanks Bharath. Overall i am expecting the cost of service including replacements of windshield to be around 15k. Will update once I get the work done.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hyson F.A.S.S quoted a bomb for the Windshield replacement:eek:. approx 10k. I checked with other dealers and got the below quotes

Vecto F.A.S.S, Bangalore - Approx 5.5k ( to be confirmed as parts not available as of now)
    Winshield soln, Cochin ( earlier they were Windshield experts franchise i think) - 5700
    Windshield experts, Bangalore ( Helpline #) - 6400

Will check with Hyson once more to confirm if they got the price wrong or indeed they charge 10k. Going for service on 15th april.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    claim insurance for glass...it will cover fully except for half the price of glue which will be arnd 1000 only !!
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hyson indeed charges close to 10k for the windshield. I refused to get the job done there as i felt they were overcharging me even though they said that they put cost as per fiat spares prices.

Once i get the car back, will get this done in Bangalore Vecto or Windshield experts Madiwala.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

There is a reason for this. TASS used AIS for replacement windshield and it costs around 6k plus.

FASS is using imported MOPAR windshields which themselves have an MRP of nearly 8k (7k odd), add Labour and glue to it and there you go. This MOPAR windshield is a high quality one, the carton had all of Fiat's sister concerns like Jeep, Alfa Romeo, Lancia etc on it. I observed this at RDC Fiat, Chennai.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2