1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The new Oil Burner in the block

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, May 3, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Hi TFI'ians

Guess this is another thread on much discussed FIAT Linea 1.3 MJD Emo Pk. Well to introduce myself, Paul Eralil hailing for the Queen of the Arabian sea - Kochi.
    My family owned a the trusted M800 which we bought home in 2003 had done a lot job. With two teenage guys learning driving and testing the M800 to its limit. After taking all the hits of our adrenaline rushes, it was time for an upgrade and some responsible driving. Thats when the hunt for sedan started.. The usual prospects such as the Dzire,SX4, Hyundai verna, Ford Fiesta were shortlisted. I had some strict guidlines such as
    • VFM car
    • GOOD FE
    • Cheap Spare Parts
    • Good looks
    • Trouble free Diesel engine
    which made the Ford & Verna take a backseat. During round 1 of evaluation never ever i had contemplated FIAT Linea. While i was waiting for the SX4 diesel to be launched, I had a casual discussion with one of my ex colleague who shortlisted and almost booked a Ritz ended up with a Punto.. Knowing him i probed on the reason for a switch to Punto and that was the turning point in my life. He gave me first hand info which were a revelations . He asked me to check out the T-BHP forum and On Checking out a Feature to Feature comparison on Carwale i had found my carmate to replace the tried and trusted workhorse.

I TD the SX4 diesel and FIAT linea back to back and wooohoo FIAT was a stunner when compared to the Mediocre SX4. I fell in love with the linea on the TD and Concorde sales exe made the TD process very informative.. The Torque and handline was just impressive that i couldnt think of any other car.. I gave the report card to my dad who also did a TD of Fluidic Verna & Linea to be sure.. Though he was impressed with the Interiors of verna, I colluded him to agree on the Linea.. End we booked the linea in July and took the delivery in exactly 14 days time.. Overall service at Concorde was ok and we brought our new OIL BURNER home.. and boy we loved her so much that the 1st service was up in about 2 months time.. Thats a small intro on bringing home on new ride.. BOY oh BOY the journey so has been effortless without any complaints . A few pics to add colour to this post

08072011556.jpg DSCN2398.jpg
    7 people like this.
  2. hey Paul .. My hearty congrats to you .. Indeed a wise choise :)

3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome aboard. Congrats on nice possession.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Congrats! You own the best looking sedan in India, this side of 20 Lakhs.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new ride.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome on board Paul to the fly of Fiat.
    Linea is a great car, and will have a wonderful time with it.
    I have heard many people shifting to FIAT as they were waiting for the suzuki... Hope this things happens quick before they book the suzuki...
    Hopes so it will happen soon a the FIAT-INDIA is all set for their own SALES and SERVICE centres:up
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You beauty!!
    Congrats Pauleralil. FIAT Linea is best combination of all worlds.
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Bad luck!! Got Hit by a stray object which left a small crack on the windshield

Yesterday, our E-mo driven by my brother, got hit by a stray object from top of a container. Got a small crack on the windshield. This happened on the Container road( Kochi). The oject hit the shield with a massive thud which got my bro really terrified. He still cant recollect what hit him as by the time he stopped the object was out of sight.. Sheer bad luck i guess!!

Though the windshield is not leaking as we tried the water test today morning.. Is it possible to repair them without changing. I think Windshield experts has an office in Kochi. Have asked my dad to take the car there tomorrow. mean while i will try to upload a photo.

Any idea how much would be the cost of a new windshield? Should we claim insurance for this? I had opted for a Bumper to bumper insurance while renewing a few months back.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Paul,
    Firstly Welcome to TFI and wishing you a lot of happy miles with your ride.

Sorry to know about the windshield. There is thread about spares and its cost in the OCE spares section. you could check if there are any details about the windsheild pricing. Sometimes its better to leave it like that if the crack is small and not expanding.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Cracked windshield cannot be repaired. Only dots could be repaired.
    I had my Linea's windshield replaced at Windshield Experts, Rajajinagar, Bangalore costing Rs 6250. It was cracked due to a small chip of stone falling on my windshield while waiting on the road due to blasting works in progress in Himachal Pradesh.
    Yes. You will get about 75% of the cost. Compare it with your no claim bonus, if any, and decide.