1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The New Linea 2014

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    Congrats @pradeep for New Linea MJD.
    Very much appreciate your conscious logic (on expenditure) thus deciding on Car with safety as priority than going after the hyped ones. It was real pleasure reading your well composed post. Nice pix of the car with beautiful sunrise. Happy crunching more miles!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Had another refill and below is the update on the FE, for a change this time the MID figure matched with the manual calculation from the tankful to tankful method.

Trip Avg 15.4.jpg

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2015 ---
    Below are the details considered before opting for the one among the final 2 shortlists in my case (Honda City Sv & Fiat Linea Dynamic).

Feature 1.jpg Feature 2.jpg

Other Comparission.jpg

Iam also sharing the excel sheet (after some cosmetic changes), I used to compute various calculations to arrive at a logical conclusion before plonking my money. All the claculations shown below are strictly from my point of view and I would repect any difference in opinion and would not want to flake any unwanted arguments.

Price Advantage Calc1.jpg
    Price advantage 2.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    My God, that's some analysis @PradeepM !:jawdrop::nailbiting:

Would be of great help to prospective buyers.
    I just went with heart after test driving jet and of course it fitted into my budget to the T.
    prabhjot, PradeepM and asimpleson like this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    The diff will be definitely bigger if you consider real FE:wacky:
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Very good .. analysis. I think you are the first person to do this much depth analysis. As we all know fiats are the VFM cars. But nobody bothers that, i dont know why our people are too much interested in those tin cans. Any ways Very good analysis. Better you send this analysis fiat heads, let them display in their show rooms..

And one more important thing you forgot, The driving pleasure we get while driving fiats.. its priceless....
    GANESH H, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Astounding result, as 'objective' as one can be, EVEN without considering such things as build quality, ride-handling-steering-braking-safety, all of which are again hugely superior in the Linea, let alone aesthetics of look, materials and feel!

Does it not beggar belief that the City is regarded as a benchmark for its segment: more like the poorest car in it, and the poorest 'value/s' too?!

Even Honda itself acknowledges this: they've just sacked their global CEO for...neglecting design, quality and engineering in the quest for high volumes and profits, the Indian City being a prime example of what Honda themselves acknowledge by sacking him as the wrong and DISHONEST strategy of product specification, design, engineering and costing.

But we in the indian car baazar.....are like this only!:yawn::wacky:

Honestly and objectively speaking (aesthetics/cosmetics aside): the Linea, the Tata Zest and the Ford Fiesta are the only sedans in the mass market that I'd even consider purchasing, all other options esp the Honda-s, the Hyundai-s and the VW/Skoda-s being borderline...scandals/scams/confidence-tricks-on-the-immature-average-Indian-car-buyer. Especially now that the purported gap in reliability and ASS quality has really been near-closed.

Thanks, then, for this very stark yet all-too accurate and objective assessment of how twisted the reasoning around automotive 'values' is in the Indian car market!:dead:

Enjoying the Linea all-the-more, then, as we all do our Fiats, in this excel-sheet knowledge, eh?!:cool::cigar:
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    When I was planning to get my new car and I sat down to do my analysis I felt is it worth it?

I was already fascinated with the Fiats and the Fords rather than the Toyotas , Hondas , Suzuki , Hyundais etc.

May be my trips to US where I got to drive fantastic cars which were dynamically sorted vhanged my perception towrds cars.

I started with Pontiacs and ended up driving Fords, Dodges, Fiats, VW and other muscle cars. I stayed away from Hyundais and Suzukis and the Hondas and Toyotas. One reason was I would get to drive these in India and these cars were never a driver's delight. I would have drove very few such cars only when the rental ones were not available for my chosen brands.

Thats where I developed my taste for cars even though I drove a lot of cars in India before I got a chance to drive these machines.
    Once back in India all I had in mind while purchasing the car was Fiat or Ford or VW or Skoda. VW and Skoda were ruled out right from the beginning reason being the dealer attitude most places in India. The service horror stories for VW group were worse as well.
    I didnt like Figo much but was impressed by Fiesta. Reason I didnt go for it is that it doesn't sell at all and is a complete dud. I rate it on par with the Fiats and found it more agile than all Fiats except TJET. If it was selling even in hundreds then it would have been a three way head ache for me between Fiesta , Linea TJET and Punto MJD 90 HP. With Fiesta ruled out I only had Fiats to choose from.

Punto with its diesel heart and my soft corner for hatchbacks won my heart and mind. Other factor was that since it would be driven by both me and wifey I thought a hatchback made more sense. But after close to 10 months of ownership the only reason that seems valid for not getting the TJET is the lower FE of TJET. My wife has picked driving very well and I sometimes miss not getting the TJET.

So you see I never had to do these sort of analysis. Since the day I bought my car I have the record of every penny spent. May be some day I will publish the same.

But @PradeepM .Hats off to you Sire . Brilliant analysis. Fiat should put such analysis on newspapers to attract more consumers
    prabhjot, jackharrisw and PradeepM like this.
  8. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Man, this analysis should be sent to the Auto magazines/Other auto forumns who keep on bragging that Honda City is the best in the segment and VFM.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

@PradeepM , great analysis, but I would just like to nitpick- although its a significant matter. You have shown the GC of Honda City as 185mm and Linea as 165 mm when in fact it is the opposite.
    And it is one more redeeming factor for the Linea.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 31, 2015 ---
    Wont help. The mags are pretty much sold out to Honda/Hyundai/Toyota/Mahindra (over Tata) and particularly a magazine with an expert who simply cant adjust the drivers seat well enough in a Fiat ! The same person also has a problem clambering into a Storme's driver seat, but she will happily do that in a Scorpio.

I would say the forums are slightly more neutral.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  10. gopan

gopan Timido

I am a new lenea multijet owner. My first free service was done at 5000km and the second free service is due at 15000km. But the dealer here, Hyson Motors, Kochi, is insisting to do 2nd free service at 10000km and all services thereafter at 10000km, which is against the stipulation in the manual. I will clock 10000km within a week. So plz advice