1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Maruti Way

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Sep 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I came across a thread in T-BHP where it had an article on the worker's side of the story on the recent Manesar Violence. It is a must read.

"Manesar has been much in the news, with worker violence being blamed for the disruptions in production. Not so, say the workers who claim it’s part of a management plan to scuttle their efforts to form a union.

My name is… let that be. Maruti Suzuki is out to get me, not because I did anything but because they want to put virtually every worker in jail, even those who belonged to the third shift and were not even present when violence took place in the Manesar factory on 18 July. I was present there and will tell you what happened, but to understand it you will have to let me begin from the beginning.

“ If a worker’s task is to add a brake and pedal, then that’s what you do all day, with 8-10 bolts in every car, car after car, 40 seconds per car. The result is a bit like a dance move, the same move, non-stop for eight hours. The Manesar plant, I am sure, is the world’s fastest car production facility. The conveyor belt doesn’t really stop, we move with it ”

I am 26 years old. I come from a village in Panipat. My father is a daily wage labourer. After finishing class 10 in a government school, I enrolled at the Panipat Industrial Training Institute (ITI). After two years of learning to handle machines at the ITI, I joined Maruti’s Gurgaon plant as an apprentice in 2006. The apprenticeship lasts a year. I was anxious before I first entered the plant, because I knew many from Panipat who have done that before, and they all used to say there’s so much work, and it’s such heavy work, you won’t be able to do it. I was determined to prove them wrong. I soon realised what they meant, the work pressure can’t be described, it has to be experienced."

Original Source and full article - THE MARUTI WAY

Source - The Maruti Way : Worker's side of the story - Team-BHP
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    for the past half an hour i have been reading this article!! its really shocking if its true..
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This is really shocking Ramesh. Felt sorry for these workers if this is true.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Shocking news. How come a human life can be treated with no values. If this is true I feel like not entering a car which is coming out of that plant.
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Tussle between capitalism and survival.

watch @1:53 sec

Genius Charlie portrait a serious issue in humor way.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Food for thought - The same conditions probably prevail in 8/10 factories in India.

I am not pardoning Maruti ; just trying to put things in perspective.

Having said that, i hope this story is true and recieves full visibility in all forms of press. So that some change may take place , not only in Maruti but everywhere.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Dude, you read my mind. Was about to post that.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The fiat counterpart will be taking a cup of tea waiting for next car to love(come):D
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Maybe, maybe not! Any backing for this statement?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Prove me otherwise and i will eat humble pie. :)

You just have to look at the unorganised sector for starters.
  10. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Its a problem with almost every factory that has less supply than demand . But still Salaries should justify the work . One can easily say " leave the job if you dont like" , in our country getting job is more difficult to bear than work pressure from managers.
    Workers at Fiat must be working casually or may be just for a week in whole month