1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The lower half of my front bumper grill - Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Mriganka Dutta, May 8, 2012.

1. Sib10

Sib10 Timido

Indore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Friends
    I am a owner of Dynamic Punto 2012
    I came with an idea of purchasing Black grill costing 260 and then applying Silver Paint Coat similar to that which makes saving some buks and total costing around INR 500-700 either Purchasing silver Color costing 1190 INR.
    what's say I am also suffering from broken front lower Grill.
    Need Suggestion..
    waiting for reply to go further..
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. ani1900s

ani1900s Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Weird to see that those with Black Grille are trying to paint it Silver and we are changing our Silver grill with Black.
    My suggestion, keep the front grill black as its seen on majority of car models, provides sporty look and rather colour or change the door handle to give an overall better look.
    Anyway, coming back to your point, if you are looking for a neat & long term finishing quality then don't colour silver over the existing black as over a period of time the black will peep out from here & there and that will not look good.
    Another point to consider is that the new Silver Radiator Grill will cost around ₹1700 and lower central grill around 1200 of the Emotion variant, plus the labour cost of fixing. So if you compare the price and little discolouration is not an issue then go ahead with the painting; you can always give a touch up in this case.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why dont you @Sib10 workout with someone like @ani1900s to exchange the grills. I did the same with a friend who had Dynamic Silver Punto. Labour cost for exchanging the grills at FASS was just Rs 250.00 in total for both cars :)

Painting to Silver will not be long lasting. May have tried and 2-3 session of car wash with pressure wash will take away the paint in chips, unless you apply a top clear coat layer too, which inturn might anyway reduce the cost difference

By the way the Black Grill doesnt cost 260.00

Active Lower grill - 620 - http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/bumper-front-punto.html
    Active Lower grill - 1040 - http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/radiator-grill-punto.html
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 7, 2015 ---
    Sorry for typo, the Rs 1040 is for the upper grill.
  4. Sib10

Sib10 Timido

Indore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :)Thankyou very much @ani1900s and @kunwar.g giving valuable feedback and suggestions.
    The conclusion came to my mind that it is better to buy black lower grill for now and later silver grill will exchange by other punto.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Sib10 if you are coming to Delhi NCR I can speak to a friend who wants to change his black to silver. An exchange would be win win for both