1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The "long" wait begins!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nobrakes, Jun 25, 2011.

1. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Greetings TFI'ians, this is my very first post on this forum and i'm writing with great excitement! Just had a sneak peak of my GP which i booked last week (did a PDI a couple of hours ago) and am obviously very excited.

The car in question is an exotica red GP 1.2 emotion, the on road price in Mumbai worked out to be 5.5 lacs. Freebies include matting, antirust, one time teflon coating. Did'nt opt for sunfilms and mud flaps as i'm going to source them out locally.

Will keep you guys posted with photographs and the complete story about how i zeroed in on the GP, booking process and delivery once I get my hands on her.

Happy to be part of this forum, i've following various threads for the last few months and these threads have definitely helped me to a great extent. Got to now change my status from "fiat enthusiast" to "GP" owner in four days time!

Cheers!
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    welcome. Dude you have taken a right step and you have landed the correct place TFI., You will have a great time here, Write to us more on hw you Zeroed the Grande, which dealer in Mumbai have you opted for, when is the delivery expected....
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard nobrakes :)

If the dealer hasn't done the "teflon" coating yet, it'll be a good decision to avoid it.

Gurjinder.
  4. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Thanks tony/gurjinder, happy to be here. @gurjinder, have heard both sides of the "teflon" coating debate. Was curious to know why do you think it's a futile excercise? Does it harm the paint in anyway, or is it just useless? ("teflon coating will be done within the next two days, unless you convince me not to ;))

Cheers.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Have a search of the forum nobrakes. This has been discussed a lot of times in good detail. I'll give you a teaser - there is no such thing as a teflon coating :)

Gurjinder.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Teflon Coating is just a polish done by the dealer of course everybody is there to make quick money, It will give the car a Gloss look......
    the choice is yours, I had made it at the time of delivery.
  7. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    I guess if it does not harm the paint, i'll go ahead with it. Would ideally like to bring a nicely polished car home. Besides i'm not paying anything for it!
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Welcome to TFI "Nobrakes" :)
  9. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    thanks jishnu! :)
  10. Hi
    There is nothing called as teflon coating.
    Just make sure that they use a good branded polish.