1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Long Tale of Getting Avvy in Himachal

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by sunil216, Feb 4, 2015.

1. sunil216

sunil216 Timido

Shimla
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hello friends! As most of you know, I had booked Avventura Emotion 1.3 in Bronzo Tan in September 2014 - a month before the official launch. After lots of dejection, frustration, & mind changing I finally have Zafferano Orange Avventura Parked outside my house. And here is the complete story.

Why Fiat?

I live in Himachal and the roads here are not so encouraging. My Chevrolet Spark has served me well for 5 years but I was looking for something that can stand bad roads, is high on safety, and is pleasure to drive. So the hunt for THE BEST CAR began in early 2014.

Initially I was confused between luxury of a sedan vs the ground clearance of a SUV, but as parking spaces are limited in the hills, and the local (not NH) roads are narrow & curvaceous, I wanted my new car to be spacious but not too long, high ground clearance but not too bulky or wide. So here are cars I drove in search of THE BEST CAR:

1. Renault Duster:
    I liked the 110PS version, but I found it costly as safety features like Airbags, ABS, EBD were high on my priority and they were available only on the top model; and also I didn’t liked the bland interiors.

2. Ford Ecosport:
    The next high ground clearance option available in the Indian market was Ford Ecosport. I booked the car (Diesel Titanium) in January 2014 and got a chance to test-drive it in March. I immediately cancelled my booking and thanked almighty that I was not trapped :D.

Things I liked & disliked about Ecosport:
    • Good ground clearance
    • Good Looks
    • Good riding height
    • Bad customer service - When I went for the test drive, it felt as if no one was interested in selling the car; the showroom guys were confident that Ecosport will sell itself.
    • Cramped Cabin - The black interior somehow did not appeal to me. It felt cramped & gloomy.
    • Not a driver’s car - This was a put down for me. The car drives like a hatchback. Didn’t felt the power of a diesel engine. To ensure myself, I test drove it twice and then cancelled the booking.
    3. New Honda City:
    Went to the Honda showroom, punched the body of the car, returned without test-drive. Do I need to say more? :D

4. Fiat Punto Evo:
    My friend drives a Linea (Petrol) and I thought why not go and check out Fiat cars. I test drove Punto Evo Sports and was immediately hooked to it. There was nothing I could complain about the car. I searched net and discovered Avventura, and found Team Fiat, and decided to wait for the launch. :droid:

Now the bad part:
    We finalized Bronzo Tan as it was the colour that appealed most on the pre-launch pics over the net. After checking out Punto & Linea I was confident what I would be getting (and also not getting) in Avventura so I didn’t for once visit the showroom and booked Avvy 1.3 Emotion on 18th September at Ram Hari Fiat, Mandi over phone. They promised the delivery within 3 weeks of the launch. :)

After hundreds of phone calls to Ram Hari Fiat, and lots of emails and calls to Fiat Customer Care, I got a reply from the dealer that Bronzo Tan was high in demand hence they could not deliver the car but if I want Zafferano Orange that could be arranged.:arghh:
    My family mused over the colour and changed the colour to Orange. Then after not getting any response from the dealer I called back and this time the probable date of delivery shifted to December end, reason stated was that being an year end Fiat was not manufacturing the car.:banghead:
    By the December end they said they could not arrange 2014 model but they would surely deliver 2015 model by the last week of January. :angelic:

In January I started following the case, and the date got shifted to Feb, and then to March, then to ‘Not Before April’. I got dejected and started thinking of cancelling the booking and rather go for Duster. Then somehow I called the other dealer, i.e., Ganesh Fiat, Solan on 23rd January. The response I got was surprisingly positive. They said they have a lot coming the same weekend and after an hour they confirmed that the lot had an Orange Avvy 1.3. I paid the booking amount on the same day. On 25th the car reached their Hamirpur showroom, and on 27th I took the delivery:D.

I never test-drove or even saw the car in person but as I saw the car at the showroom it was love at first sight. And when I compared Avvey in white, black, Bronzo Tan, and Orange, the last one appealed more than any other colour.

It was in the showroom I discovered that the Ram Hari Fiat was known for its fraudulent practices and they were shutting down their Fiat showroom. I thanked almighty for everything, inspected the car, finished the paper work, got free insurance as my Avvy is Dec 2014 model, and hit the road while outside it was raining heavily, and the area was covered in dense fog.

Now after covering 500Kms on the roads of Himachal, where Avvey went over snow, rain, large pot-holes, dangerous curves, & smooth highways, one thing I can confidently say is: The car is amazingly awesome.

And here are my observations:

Exteriors:

1. Bright colours (Orange, White) suit more on Avvy over the dark colours, but then colour is a personal thing and I’m extremely happy with Zafferano Orange.

2. In appearance & style Avvy is right now one of the best options available in the Indian market.

3. The car is a head-turner. Anywhere I go, people surround the car and check out its features, marvel at the beauty and click photographs.

4. The spare tyre rattling issue has been sorted out by Fiat and I didn’t face it till now.

Interiors:

5. The space is not too large like Duster, but adequate for my small family.

6. Seats are very comfortable.

7. Features are more than adequate in the top model. Fiat has intelligently skipped the unnecessary features like folding Mirrors, Key-less entry - bla bla bla Indian customers typically look in a car.

8. The music system is one of the best I’ve heard. Blue & Me is a treat to use once you know how to use it. I’m using a 16GB HP pen drive and it is working without any issue.

9. The compass, tilt-meter, and inclinometer are just a fancy. Though they impress people who check out my car, I would have preferred the Punto glove box.

10. The grey on dashboard is prone to dirt. Other dark colour would have been better, though aesthetically grey is good.

Ride & Handling:

11. This is a Fiat Forum, and we know how Fiat Fanboys love to drive their cars. I’m highly satisfied with the car. The power punch I feel after 2000RPM is very good.

12. The engine is adequate. We travelled with 5 people + my nine months old daughter and added too much luggage. It had snowed the day before and I took Avvy over snow, potholes, and the road was extremely bad but never for a moment did I lose the confidence, or felt that Avvy can’t take it; though on the dangerous stretches I saw Swifts & i20’s hesitating to take on the snow, mud, and the potholes.:D

Few Things I added:

Foot Mats - around 900/-

Fiat Freshener - 360/-

Body Cover - 1500/-

Conclusion:

Fiat Avventura is a stunner: it is stylish; it is adequately powerful; it is highly safe, and it always brings you smiles when you turn the key.

The car is highly suited for hilly terrains and bad Indian roads. I won’t part with mine, and yes, if ever I wish to change my car, it would again be a Fiat again.:stop:
    Iyu, PradeepM, Murphy_Fiat and 21 others like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest Congratulations Sunil on the Avvy. The orange colour makes the Avvy stand out in the crowd. Ownership thread and no pics, not fair man. We need them in large numbers, do take time to click a few snaps of the beauty and post them here. Mind sharing the OTR cost for the beauty.

I am sure the 4 months waiting period must have been most horrible, glad to know that you are enjoying the ride. How's the FASS in Himachal Pradesh. Now we know whom to meet when we make that trip to Shimla/Manali.

Many happy mile crunching and drive safely.
    prabhjot and sunil216 like this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Heartiest congrats SUNIL.Please post many pics of your beauty on the backdrop of beautiful Himachal.Enjoy your AVVY.Drive safely.
    sunil216 likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the Avventura and buying Orange is an icing on the cake!

You persisted for Avventura, may avvy return you the favor:)

Post some pics too!:snaphappy:
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Sunil for Avventura...:)
    Please post some pics as you have avvy & nature's beauty.
    sunil216 likes this.
  6. sunil216

sunil216 Timido

Shimla
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you so much friends. Sorry I couldn't post the pics earlier. Here they are:
    1.Avvey Taken for Washing.jpg 2.Avvey having a bath.jpg 3.Avvey Getting Ready.jpg 4.Avvey Pooja.jpg 5.Me & Wifey with Avvey.jpg 6.Avvey Hits the wet Road.jpg 7.Avvey on the Road.jpg 9. The Avvy Family.jpg

8. Halt After Bad Road.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2015 ---
    @ghodlur I got it in 9.10 OTR. FASS from Ganesha Fiat (Owners of 2 showrooms - Solan & Hamirpur - in Himachal is excellent. Whereas that from Ram Hari Fiat, Mandi is Horrible/Pathetic.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    KPR, Iyu, Dr. Fixated and 19 others like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful Pics, Avventura in its natural habitat! :)
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thanks a lot for the pics @sunil216 .

Glad to know that Fiat sorted out the rear tyre issue, mind sharing how this was sorted out. Might be of help for other interested Avventura buyers.
    sunil216 likes this.
  9. sunil216

sunil216 Timido

Shimla
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur I don't know how Fiat fixed it but the Showroom guy told me that it has been sorted out and I didn't faced it till now.
  10. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Beautiful pics SUNUIL.We will love to see many.I love hills and love to drive on hill roads.
    Gone to SIKKIM twice & dream of going to Ladakh/Himachal one day.I have toured Himachal 6 times(covering shimla,kullu,manali,kaylong,udaipur,jalori pass,rekongpeo,sangla+chitkul,sarahan,dharamshala,dalhousie,chamba,travelled from pathankot to kangramandir by train) & the latest was in last june. Can't check my emotion talking about Himachal.
    Enjoy your AVVY and post lot of pics.
    DSCF1610.JPG
    chitkul--june'14