1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: My Chica Italiano @30000 km

It is not actually tuning of ACC. It is merely a change of instruction, ECU telling the ACC to change the cut-in/cut-off cycle, especially during the clutch engagement. IIRC, this setting was changed because while driving in heavy traffic lot of people drive on half clutch or keep the clutch pedal depressed. With the the earlier settings, ACC used to cut off as per normal cycle and cutting in required extra effort to bring cooling to desired level due to slow speeds; effectively lowering the ACC performance. So this tinkering will in no way hamper the torque curve IMHO.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Thanks Kapil. Is the ACC Update recommended if I don't ride the clutch like u mentioned. I don't have any major grievance against the ACC except that Ido feel les cooling at times mostly in heavy traffic on a sunny day. Is this update worthwhile? ?
    Also, I asked the CRM at TASS regarding the procedure for ACC Update he said that they flash the ECU with the new update settings. Implying that entire ecu setting get reset. They are not quite knowledgeable is a different matter altogether.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

In my view, if the manufacturer is offering something, it has to be to remove a glitch or to offer better performance. So with that POV alone it is prudent to go for the update. However, to be on the cautious side, you must check with Abhishek if it is going to effect his settings. IMHO, it should not, but better to hear from the horse's mouth.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Could be something to do with difference in Linea Petrol & Punto MJD clutch pressure. When Ashay drove my Linea Petrol, he also mentioned the same thing. That time I said I'll have to drive someone else's Linea/ Punto but couldn't do it though on the same day I drove Amogh's Punto MJD & I did feel clutch to be smoother than my Linea Petrol.

Regarding ACC update, I'm also in the same boat & have decided to do it in 30K kms service which I might do it next week (29,300 kms over!). I also do not have much grouse against AC. The only thing I want to be improved in AC is the cooling time to reduce after taking out the car parked under the harsh sunlight for 2-3 hours. Its during such instances that I find the cooling time higher.

Kapil - any changes in above instances after ACC update?
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Today , I got my clutch replaced under warranty. Its not covered under standard warranty . I had made a very compelling case for FIAT to giveu me the free replacement. More on this later.

Also got the brakepads replaced as adviced by TASS
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

How many kms on the odo when the clutch started slipping ? Clutches generally last good for 50-70,000 km.
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

I have done 35000+ km now. The clutch slipping was since last few 100kms.
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

How come the clutch gave up so early ? Because of the remap ?
  9. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN

Hi the head rest for the middle passenger in the back seat came with the car or you added it later?
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

My observations of past few weeks :

1. the clutch is butter smooth after the Clutch replacement has happened .

just a point on the clutch issue ---Guys - my problem was the Clutch Slave cylinder which gave way even before the Remap. The clutch hardness i felt is something that happens over period of usage and maybe i could have gone with it for few 1000kms more . It was just that i took it up and replaced it well in time (and under warranty)..No connection with Kiirus Remap IMHO.

2. as i drive more and more i get the feeling (as also stated by one of my friend who drove after the remap) that the word is "peppy" for the change that has happened after remap. I will detail the BHP and Torque figures after a proper dyno that i plan later on.

3. the Fuel consumuption figures are unchanged ..present FE on MID is showing 11.8 in city driving.