1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: My Chica Italiano @30000 km

Thanks VP and Sandeep :)

Sandeep did point out to me that my Clutch felt a bit hard which i am concerned about. Infact after driving the tjet, my clutch did feel hard to me :roll:

And u r welcome dude for the test drive of my very special and exclusive (share that exclusivity with Yatin) 100BHP Linea. Infact i m itching to drive your linea as well as i want to feel what i was feeling with my old baby without the new makeup :devilface

Sanjeev - it was great meeting up with you at Fortune yesteray. Have u already put your tjet review ???
    it cost me 21k for the tuning .
  2. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai

Will the Service guys be able to make out its not a stock car?
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Dont think so. These changes only can cause u any harm when there are any warranty issues where they can blame it on me changing the ECU mappings. Otherwise , i doubt that they do any thing with your ECU during the service visits.

One Important update - I had not done the AC update (ECU) that some of you had mentioned . Now i have decided to do it next week on monday. This will involve flashing the ECU again. I think i will lose the New Mappings . HAve already informed Abhishek . He has assured me that the New settings will be put again by him , this time in a very short time as we have the backup of the old and new settings both :wink:

List of things during this visit :

1. The AC ECU Update
    2. Clutch hardness to be checked. (as pointed by Sandeep - Grandeur)
    3. Head Lamp showing some dark tint to it (as pointed by Sanjeevi Sharma)

Will keep all posted . :up
  4. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai

hi
    Can u throw some more light on the "AC ECU UPDATE"

Is the clutch hardness post the remap or was it there before that

Also, any idea on the load on the drivetrain etc. of the car and if one will have to change to premium diesel.

Sorry for the barrge o questions but I m lookng at remapping my MJD. BTW yet to across anyone who has done remaps to linea MJD
  5. Re: My Chica Italiano @30000 km

FastLove am bit confused here what i understand is when we say flash an EEPROM it usually involves wiping all data and loading new one, you can't change bits and pieces of data in an EEPROM .Now say TASC do your AC update and then you go back to Abhishek and re-flash your ECU with tuned settings won't it overwrite the AC update ?
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

IIRC, the laptop thingy used by Fiat technician has separate modules for ECU programming. For doing an ACC upgrade, only that particular module was tinkered and no change was done in the torque/bhp thing.
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

The ACC update has been discussed in another thread in the forum . Sorry am unable to post the link here right now. Please search.

Premium Diesel is a Big NO but it is recommended to use Premium petrol after the remapping. I used both to test the performance. There is a difference with Premium Petrol (IOC premium i used) but i m sticking to Normal Petrol as of now as per FIAT recommendations.

The swift MJD that Abhishek drives felt awesome ....No Linea MJD yet .

The clutch was as hard or soft as it was before mapping. Its only that a fellow FIATian could notice that my clutch was a bit harder . So just checking it with TASS on Monday.

HEy Atul , You have made a very valid point . But as Kaps has answered , it was more of my fear that i will lose the New Mappings that i informed Abhishek that i m going for this ACC update (just in case). And Atul i m truly impressed with your query :up
    Thanks Kaps. :drinks
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

Thanks Buddy. Yeah, its always a Pleasure to meet you. And after a long time met Vijay..!! Enjoyed the discussion we had during the Test Drive :)

Waiting for a Test Drive of your Red Beauty after she got the Steroids ::D

Regarding the review for the T-Jet, as you know we got late there at the showroom itself, and i didnt had the Camera also. So, i did put up small comparo sort of for the T-Jet, City & the Vento, do check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=819&start=30
  9. Re: My Chica Italiano @30000 km

@Fastlove nothing to get impressed buddy am one of the many Electronics & Telecom engg stuck in IT kind of guy ::V

Ok now time for one more question if what kaps said is true that they will flash only the AC module of the ECU then you don't need to go to Abhishek for putting your new settings again as TASC folks won't touch them am i correct ?.Sorry if am asking too many questions i just want to understand the entire process. Thanks in advance.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

@Atul - Ofcourse, I wont have to go to Abhishek if there isnothing done except tuning the ACC by TASC.