1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Xufer

Xufer

Chennai
    Re: My Chica Italiano @30000 km

Classic Pictures! :nicethread
    Welcome to teamfiat. :clap
    Let us know your experience in 16 month ownership.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

About choosing diesel over petrol,diesel Linea has almost double the torque found in a petrol Linea ::T .This is our first diesel car am just having fun with the torqey diesel car,it's just like an automatic,no shifting gears ,nothing :up
    After the experince with a diesel LINEA I was wondering as to why we did not go far diesel earlier?!,it's another story that our driver didn't identify it as a diesel the first time! :clap
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Rs. 7379/- Doesn't that sound on a higher side?

Whats this Coil?
    Noise from bonnet fixed - Rs. 1904/- ?
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    My 100 BHP LINEA

This is after a couple of weeks and more than a 1000km of Driving with my NEW 100 BHP Linea that i write this report.

I got my Linea Kiirus tuned after talking to fellow TFIATian Nitin Sapre. Actually , i was not aware of this kiirus tuning being discussed on the forum. Got a link fwd from my friend who informed me of Kiirus and got abhisheks number from the thread. On the evening i got the number i called abhishek and fixed up an appointment. The very next day i was at his Koperkhairane shop and after an hour long meeting gave him the keys to my 89BHP Linea.

While he was working on my Linea i drove his Swift and boy did it feel awesome to drive the swift on palm beach road .....His kiirus tuned Swift made me hungry to see my linea do the same :)

I got my car back in about 1 and a half hour . The first few kilometers you dont feel a huge difference in the power . After maybe a few kms , actually while driving back home , i just couldnt wipe the smile off my face. I was cruising , actually, flying and was literally apologising to all those who i was leaving behind , talking to myself --"sorry folks i cheated i am on steroids now" :dance . Its not that i didnt speed earlier ...i have driven at 185kmph + on xpressway and loved my baby as it is. But who says no to a little bit of help from outside when u can get it for money ...not me !!! :boxer

The 2nd and 3 rd gear are the most effected after the tuning. The car just zips and now and no worries on climbing a flyover or ghat in traffic even on 3rd gear. There is no dearth of power which was slightly an issue while climbing in 2 nd gear. People sitting on the passenger seat have been treated to the Power and i havent stopped getting those words of appreciation for the thrill of acceleration that even the passengers feel in the gut when i step on the accelerator.

The most important question - Effect n the Fuel consumption ....Absolutely marginal. I am getting a FE of 10.8 on MID in strict city driving in mumbai with full AC. My earlier FE used to hover around 11.3 up mostly while my driving used to be more in navi mumbai. Since the last 2 Tank top-ups i have used Premium Petrol . However , due to work related travel i have been forced to be driving in city traffic in andheri, then to south mumbai in heavy traffic. and the FE has not dropped below 10 .

I am completely in awe of my car all over again and the Love Story witht the Linea is only getting Stronger :clapping
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Thats good report fastlove. Me too thinking about Kiirus, but doubt whether abhishek will travel down south. More than that, I was waiting for an authentic report on Kiirus and your report has helped me understand better. Happy flying :D
  6. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Wonderful review fastlove. ::T Plzz keep updating this thread.
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

Thanks Arun!

Thanks Kapil .....I think Abhishek will be keen to travel down south. What he probably needs is a group of cars that he can do in a single trip.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, Abhishek will indeed be keen to travel down south since he may want to prove a point or two in front of Petes.

I am keeping a close watch of your updates now that you are KiiRUS tuned.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Nice review, FastLove.

We remembered you yday when we were at T-Jet launch. When I asked about your Linea Kiirus Tuned, Sandeep was all praise as he mentioned he had already test driven your Kiirus tuned Linea :)

I've almost made up my mind to go for it overcoming all my inclinations of being OEM stickler.

Lets meet up sometime. Can't wait to get hold of your "flying" machine
  10. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

Congrats fastlove, Lets do a Drag now in your New Machine :)

Jokes apart, keep us updated about the performance aspects of the Car in the long term. I am sure many of the 1.4 NA owners would be interested to get the Car tuned. How much did it cost you, if i may ask.