1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

I did cheat :D

I had AIR fitted for this trip. :cool:

I was seeing insane figures on MID . Even on inclines where I didn't have to shift down gears and maintaining about 60kmph @1800rpm, the MID showed 26kmpl and going up to 34kmpl just with a gentle tap on the accelerator. So much for the power of AIR.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Re: FastLove's Chica Italiano @87000km (Remapped+AIR powered)

9y9u4eby.jpg Back home after a short but memorable weekend in goa.

Following figures recorded at the end of the return journey. Goa to Mumbai.

Did some high rev driving and faced lot of traffic on nh4. A little bad stretch on amboli ghat and nipani-ajra road for about 100km. Inspite of all these factors, still managed really good FE . I attribute it a lot to the external AIR fitted .

This is the first long drive of 1000+km I did on my Linea with the Air Intake Revision fitted instead of the stock air filter . Earlier design of AIR was not very safe to my liking as it was placed too low. I have a new design intake pipe that is at a very safe and accessible position for regular monitoring and cleaning.

Just loved the 1200odd km drive over the past 4 days and looking for my next drive already:cool:

uploadfromtaptalk1378058241767.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378058351184.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378058418873.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The Complete Trip data :

Entire trip was done with Full AC . 2Adults and 3 Kids

uploadfromtaptalk1378059037172.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1378059106149.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome back dude.

I guess my "challenge" to you of completing the trip with a total efficiency figure of 16-17kmpl has just been met. And i know you must've driven the way you normally drive. :)

Cheers!

EDIT - Not sure if it'll be first on TFI but i'm counting on you to break into the 1,00,000km barrier soon!
    1 person likes this.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Yeah. Thanks Guri.

You had a bit more conservative figure for me. An end to end figure of 15kmpl u said should make u happy.:p

And yeah I want to hit the 100000 figure by april 2014.

6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

uploadfromtaptalk1378110014876.jpg
    3 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Can you please post pictures of the AIR setup? Also details about where you got it and how much it cost, would be appreciated. I am contemplating on getting this for my Jet. What are your recommendations?

Thanks,

Rajan
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    This is a new design sent across to me by drifter(peter) .Using this since past Couple of months.

Been using AIR with older design for past 2 years. Pls refer earlier posts on this ownership thread for old design pics.

I have driven with and without AIR quite frequently as I used to remove the old design AIR during monsoon and during visit to TASS. The difference in the drive is very obvious. Car feels more peppy and the intake growl is very addictive. My linea doesn't need as many gear shifts as in stock condition. Even in slow moving traffic and speed breakers, I drive in fourth gear with good amount of torque available on tap.Tjet should rock even more with an AIR.

Now,I will be using it 365 days a year as the new design is monsoon safe and also I don't have a warranty to lose anymore:D

uploadfromtaptalk1378144173076.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info and pictures. What is your opinion on the GSR induction kit I had linked in the previous post? Is it worth paying GBP 180 + Shipping for that? Any equivalents locally available?

Rajan
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Rajan,

The one you posted looks good. It is placed like how my earlier AIR pipe was positioned but on the left side. Peter, did tell me that it's his favorite position for CAI. However, the concern in our environment is that low position may harm engine due to excessive dust and water during monsoon.

Also, note that fiat linea in turkey and in india have different engine bay design. AIR kit that I use is customised to fit my engine bay. Not sure if the standard one in your link will fit into Indian tjet. Please make sure it fits before u order. I would recommend you go for it, if it fits it's worth it.

Oops edit - the kit you have shared in that link is GSR and that is the same I use :p

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013