1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Karan, This Pipe is fitted Right behind the Oil Seperator that looks like a Small Disc on the Right of your Air Filter enclosure.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    My Linea had a 1 Week Rest at TASC from 10th - 16th Jan 2013. (8 Nights and 7 Days) . What had happened ? ....

I was driving from Navi Mumbai towards Kalyan near Thane on a Open Road around 4PM on Wednesday 9th JAn . Suddenly , the steering felt heavy and the accelerator wont respond with any Power. I slowly Steered the car to the left of the Road and Parked my car . My Quick reflexes and Cool composure helped as it was a busy Road and i was driving at Over 80 Km/ Hr.

I had reported this suspicion that the fuel pump needs a checkup to SA at TASC Worli during my last service . However, they brushed it aside saying that they didnt see any Errors and Fuel Pump seemed OK. So, i didnt bother.

I called FIAT RSA . Got very good Service promptly by the Person on the Phone - Mr. Murli. He noted my Location and there was a Person working on my car in about 45 minutes. He diagnosed it to be a Fuel Pump Motor Failure.

He advised that i have 2 options -

1. Replace the Motor which he had in stock for about INR 3000/- and drive away within an hour

2. Get the car towed to nearest TASC and get Fuel Pump replaced (Costs INR 11000).

I and my friends in car were tempted to take short-cut and get motor replaced and move on . So, the technician (Dinesh) removed the Fuel Pump and rode back to his garage to get it repaired. In about 15 minutes, i got a call from Dinesh who told me that RSA Call centre guy called him saying that the Car be towed to TASC and Fuel Pump Replaced as the car is in warranty. So, he said now he wont repair the Motor then. I agreed.

The Flat-bed took about 45 minutes to reach. My Linea was loaded onto the Flat-bed and was taken to Balaji Cars, Kalyan. I took a cab back home.

The REst of the week went by as follows:

Thursday - Morning of Thursday, i waited for some communication from Balaji. However , after waiting till noon i called their numbers i got from their website. No one answered. About half an hour later i got a call from a SA named Shrikant. He asked what was the problem with my Linea. I related the entire story and asked him to focus on just replacing the Fuel-Pump and to let me know if any issues he faces in getting the New Fuel Pump . He assured me that he will initiate the Warranty Claim Process and parallely also Raise a Request for a Fuel-Pump.

The next 5 days were not easy.

Friday - When i call Shrikant , i got the message that Balaji is closed on Friday and to check next day with him.

Saturday - I call Shrikant . His Response - No Progress on Warranty Claim as the Systems were down on Thursday and Friday Balaji was closed . However , he confirmed that they now have couple of Fuel Pumps and one of them will be fitted on my car. But, the sad news was that Saturday and Sunday Fiat Global Admin is closed for any movement to happen on the Warranty Claim. So, i just said OK. Monday , i want my car . He was Positive.

Sunday - I just waited for Monday .

Monday - Shrikant didnt pick up call couple of times. Called me back around afternoon and said that he will have a positive Reply on the Warranty and PArt fitting in a couple of hours. Till evening, no further response. Finally, i got a call from Shrikant at around 445 pm telling me that the Warranty Claim is approved but the Fuel-Pump is not available :eek: and it will take 5 More days to get my car back . :A
    I just lost my cool.:evil: All this despite the fact that , on Day One i had told him to let me know if he has any issues in getting the Spare PArts as i can arrange it:hit:hit. I just gave him a mouthful and told him that he will not get any call from me now but surely from some serious people in TATA and FIAT shortly.

NExt, Some Really Long mail goes to the relevant people in FIAT and TATA and simultaneously i check with TCRS , Worli and they confirm that they have Fuel-Pump in stock. I communicated the same to my friend in FIAT and got the rest going.

Tuesday - Shrikant calls to tell me that the Fuel Pump is arranged from TCRS and i will get car as soon as the Spare part reaches their Workshop.
    I wait Patiently. Also inform him that the Wheel needs alignment to which he assured that it will be taken care of.

Wednesday - Fuel-pump finally reaches Balaji and i get my Car back in the evening on wednesday :dancing

The Wheel Alignment and some Smoothening of the Clutch were some Positives to the 7 day Ordeal as Balaji guys did a good job with the Servicing and Washing of the car to compensate for the Delay . :wow

I drove out of the Workshop after paying Rs. 600/- for the Wheel Alignment and some Wuerth Spray etc. they mentioned in the Bill and a New Fuel-Pump . :redcar

Over all , Satisfied and Enjoying my Drive as ever :car
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    aah unfortunate situation. good to know the episode is over. i need ur help. whenever we put the key to ignition position there is a humming noise(the fuel pump?) which goes away in a couple of seconds (i am sure you must have observed that). is it the fuel pump noise?? cos lately i get a very scary noise whenever i use the car after a few days. the hum has turned into a squeak:eek:. but that noise appears randomly so i cant show it to the SC. any idea what it can be?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to see your FastLove back on the road SJ!
    1 person likes this.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Nothing to report since past 4 months (am I glad or what:confused::p:D)

At 78000km , have changed oil to Shell helix HX7 10w-40.

There was a dip in the oil level after the last oil change at TCRS @72000km.

Decided to change oil at local garage. Cost me about 1600 bucks for oil and oil filter change.
    Have bought an extra litre can for future top ups, if necessary. The lineas giving great performance post the oil change. :thumbup:

A trip to leh planned next month.More on that coming soon:cool:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    A road trip? You taking you Linea?

Sent from my MK16i using Forum Runner
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Yeah...a road trip...if all goes as per plan

8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats great. I am planning the same road trip from15th August to 1st September 2013.

Sent from my MK16i using Forum Runner
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I am in goa for the weekend with my family and my Linea.

Following was the recorded stats uptil Amboli ghat starting from Khargar, navi mumbai

a2eqy2yr.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1377925154107.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1377925154107.jpg

Below Clicked after reaching goa and checking in to my hotel. Dropped a bit due to the final 30odd minutes locating the hotel... still very impressive and one tank full to goa . Will be refuelling today after having done some local drive yestrday evening. The average speed also dropped from 64kmph to 56kmph.

by4y7yse.jpg ynegusyg.jpg syruby3a.jpg a8ataza7.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377925227265.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    4 people like this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    17kmpl+

You didn't tell me you had swapped a Multijet in your Linea in place of the 1.4 FIRE? :evilsmile