1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The dreaded TASS is preventing me to get it done :(
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Today , i had another harrowing day at Fortune, Nerul.

They take my car in the morning as per appointment. When the Chief Technician goes to Spare PArt Room , they say Injector Wires not in Stock and to come after 4 days.:A

I convey my Anger in the Loudest manner to the Idiots . There is no way i m postponing this work with the "Check Engine" Lights ON :firey . Meanwhile . i contact fellow members ; Andy and Aaron for their respective dealers for checking availability of parts. During all this i also had my Anti-rust treatment to be done so left the car inside the workshop. While waiting in the Customer Lounge i saw the GM Mr. Mahesh Hatti who i have a good Rapport with. I walk upto him to update him of my ordeal since morning at the hands of the Team. He pushes the guys to check again. I walk in again to the Spare PArts Room with more assertive way to ask for the Spare PArts (as if i m getting all work done Free by TASS) :uh

This time after keeping me waiting for some time the Spare PArts Boss Mr. Anna ( a nincompoop) asks ..haan what do you want? I ask him for the Injector Wires for Linea . He says ..Shayad hai woh StockRoom mein... He claimed that earlier he thought they were asking for Injector and was not aware you wanted wires. :uh:hit:rage

All this after spending more than an hour in frustration and disturbing 2 fellow TFIans and calling few people in 2 other dealerships :uh:punch:irked

The cost for the PArt is Rs. 5300 as told to me . I feel like i have got a Great Gift from God that at least i m getting the part and my car worked upon today. Thank you TASS:confused ..You guys are God ::OO

I think the cost is a bit high but then will see when they raise the bill as to why its so much on the higher side. Waiting for my Car to be back with me soon :redcar

Question to experts - What damage could be caused if the car is driven in the above condition with only 3 cylinders working ?
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    My AIR Intake

Have removed my AIR Intake and back to Stock Air Filter in lieu of the monsoon.

Posting pictures of the AIR after having used it for roughly 6 months.

Seriously missing the Added Punch that AIR provided .

It took me couple of Days to get the Drive i was used to with the Remap after getting back to the Stock Air Filter. Its all back to the best now :redcar

IMG_20120607_112436.jpg

IMG_20120607_112501.jpg

IMG_20120607_112511.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Fast 73000 KM REPORT COMING SOON.
    3 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Can you tell me why the airfilter changed before monsoon?:)
    Does AIR has any problem during rainy season?
  6. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The AIR is fitted quite low by design. As a precaution, I remove it before monsoon.
    However, I have driven this monsoon in one of the most heavy downpour in mumbai with ankle level water logged on roads with no issue at all.
    1 person likes this.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Shoot !!

You seem to have slowed down in munching miles. I remember your Linea used to be about 5K kms ahead than mine. Now mine is 4K ahead than yours. :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    And light years ahead in terms of maintenance cost:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Linea is the 3 rd Car i have bought since 2002 and the one that i have Clocked most of my Miles in - 73300 Km to be Precise.

The earlier 2 Cars i had clocked 18000 Km (Indica in 18 months) + 66000 Km (Marina in 5 Years) . So , I can boast that i have Driven for over 1,50,000 km in 3 different cars. Recently , a year back , i added a FIAT Palio 1.2 to my Garage which is driven by my Wife.

I have had a relatively uneventful year with my Linea in 2012. As also rightly pointed out by Amit (Vahanpujari) , i clocked the least in the 4 th year of my Linea Ownership. My Android Car App shows that i have clocked 13,959 Km this year from January 1st ,2012.

The Reason behind this is that My office commute car , when i visit my Nariman Point Office or elsewhere in Mumbai is my Friends ANHC A/T which we have converted to CNG :ugeek: Also, i have not had any long Drives this year beyond Pune/Ranjangaon. :rolleyes:

I continue to Drive with the Very Powerful and Efficient AIR fitted that Superbly Compliments the Remap i had done earlier.

Though an un-eventful year overall , Few Highlights of the Year 2012 were :

1. Completed 60000km Service in February .
    2. Midway into the Year , My Linea was attacked by Rats who chewed up my Injector Wires :A . Was repaired at Fortune , Nerul
    3. HAd a Mumbai/Thane/ NAvi Mumbai Monsoon Meet in September at Palm Beach Road / Kharghar Central Park which was a Big Highlight as it was an awesome Get-Together of the TFI Titans from Mumbai and Pune :p
    4. The Year has ended with my Linea visting her Birthplace in Ranjangaon a second time and most importantly being Part of the Team managing the Event was a Totally worthwhile experience. Making New Friends and meeting some old friends from across the country was Super-awesome and of-course FIATs unbeatable hospitality :drinks was icing on the cake.

A week before the Factory meet i had been to TCRS , Worli for my Scheduled service which i did a couple of thousand Kms before schedule actually .

Highlights of the 72000 Km Service :

1. My car was feeling a bit sluggish so asked the SA to do a Throttle Body Cleanup.
    2. The Engine A Mount had worn out and was causing some minor Vibrations which were not noticeable till the SA at TCRS , Mr. Prakash , pointed it out. Was REplaced Part + Labour about Rs. 1000/-

3. I had reported Excessive Oil consumption to TASS at Fortune Nerul a number of times but was told that its a common phenomenon and that my Cars Oil consumption of about a Litre in 15000km was absolutely normal for a Petrol car. In fact , after persisting with them , they changed the Oil separator in my 60000km Service and asked me to observe the Oil Consumption. Unfortunately , there was little difference.
    At TCRS, Worli , which i visited primarily because of very positive feedback from Aniket and Shadowfax and most Importantly by MihirC who is a Regular at TCRS and knows people there, the problem was immediately diagnosed as there was a Air Vent Pipe that had a huge crack. I am very hopeful the oil consumption issue is taken care of now. :up

4. I had a Very good Experience at TCRS, Worli , especially with the SA Mr. Prakash , who took care of each of the issues pointed out to him and returned my car the same day with every concern taken care of. :clap

Guys , my car doesnt run like the Stock Linea :redcar:cool and it just gets more and more crazier everyday i feel , as i love to Fly with her through the Roads and BTW am waiting to Set the Records straight next year with VahanPujari :boxer:up :p
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    7 people like this.
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Lage raho, ur linea love going faster

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.