1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Linea FIRE with the Fastest 100000km on TFI

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by FastLove, Aug 30, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Got out for just one click from my mobile yesterday

Need to take her on a good drive for some pictures session as promised.

Had the wheel rotation done at 50165km yesterday. I had replaced tyres at 438xx km. Plan to follow this practice every 5000km henceforth.

Will be visiting fortune cars Nerul on monday. I hear this faint krrrr... Sound when I move my steering left-right at very low speeds.
    This happens during rains and in bumper to bumper traffic only.

This never happens at 1. High speeds 2. When I start car in the morning and 3. Yet to notice this when its not raining.

The last I had this exact problem was near 25000km in last monsoon.
    That time I had the front strut mount replaced in warranty.

Will know on Monday.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Some pictures taken today post 50k mark...

With 2 of my babies both 2 years old :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  3. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats on the milestone and yes the car looks in the same pristine condition when it was in showroom. All credits to you for maintaining the car that well.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    your interiors are still clean considering it is a light coloured leather. you maintain your car well.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I am updating my thread after quite some time now. btw ..Thanks Karan and Kailash for your good words :)

Some Updates -

I am now at 525xx km . Recently on a trip to Indore i experienced a strange thing . After the car is driven for a couple of hours , the AC blower would not throw air at lower levels , but only worked at full blow. Infact, it threw water droplets and small ice crystals. The trip was not spoiled as i managed the trip with certain setting to work out the cooling.

On return i have visited Fortune , Nerul and after inspection they found that the Gas was leaking and at lower levels than required. The O ring was replaced for leakage. The normal gas levels are 5.5 whereas mine showed 2.8 odd. Got gas top-up and o-ring replaced. Cost - Rs. 1400/-

Now, further diagnosis revealed that the Thermostat (sensor) was not working Ok .causing the situation that there was no cutting off of the AC and extreme cooling and formation of ICE which was blocking the air flow and also the small ice crystals being thrown out at times.

Solution - They will be replacing the Sensor which will require the entire Dashboard to be opened and complete AC servicing . Labour Cost - Rs. 4500 , Part Cost - Rs. 900

Since i have Extended Warranty . Will be getting this done. My fear is that they are opening the dashboard which may end up giving me Free Rattles. They have assured me that they have carried this exercise with perfection and i met the Senior technician who will be personally carrying out the servicing. The other issue is that the car will be at the TASS for couple of days :(

The positive is that the AC gonna get fully serviced and Cleaned as they suggest that the AC be serviced this way anyway after 50000 odd km. This is a cost to anybody who does it in the service intervals. But, is free in my case as there is a faulty sensor to be replaced in warranty.

The parts are expected next week .

Also , was considering Oil change as i have done 8000+ km since last service . Plan to make it practice to change every 7500km instead of 15000km . and with Mobil1 or something better. Suggestions please.

@ Mods - Please Change Thread title to @52500 km
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First of all, Congrats for crossing 50k mark.

Sorry to hear about the thermostat thing that needs opening up of the entire dash. Hope you get it back after a perfect job buddy.

Though, it's good to know that they have already handled a similar situation before. This should allow them to do a better job.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very well maintained car :)
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    HAving done 65000km and getting ready to face the mumbai monsoon, i planned to visit TASS to get my routine Dinitrol Anti-Rust Treatment done.

As is customary to me , i always take off the AIR Intake and put back the Stock Air Filter before the beginning of monsoon.

Having performed the above task , i visited TASS couple of days back to also top-up my Engine Oil as there was a dip in the Oil level too.

I could not get the Oil as i had asked them to give me a Litre of Selnia in Can . They did not have a can for me ::pP To avoid any more discussion and me losing my temper with them , i just took appointment for the coming Monday for my Anti-Rust Treatment. Meanwhile , i got my oil top-up sorted as PioneerAaron happened to have spare oil just enough to top-up my oil to the level required.

But , as is a Jinx always after i visit TASS , the next morning my car started with "Check Engine" light glowing. The engine felt noisy and there was knocking with loss of Power. I phoned up TASS and immediately took car to Fortune Nerul (about 8 km form my home) . The immediate diagnosis was Rats have chewed into my Fuel Injector Wires.

So , now my Monday visit will include Replacing the damaged wires. :A

Has anybody been in a similar situation?? Cost etc. involved ??
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Sad to know about rats chewing wires. I had this issue but rats chewed ABS wires and not Fuel Injector wires. The cost involved was about Rs. 900 if I recollect correctly.

BTW, I have 3M anti-rust treatment with free chec-ups/ application every 6 months foir 5 years. I got the checkup/ application done in feb'12 at Fortune Sakinaka during 60k kms service. Its about 3-4 months & meanwhile I got GC upgrade kit installed. Do you think I should again get the free check / application done?
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Yes amit.. Get the coating done now, better.

All the best with the visit though :p