1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The legendary design-house and coach-builder Pininfarina is to acquired by....Mahindra!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by prabhjot, May 10, 2015.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

Mahindra has to be one of the world's champions at making UGLY cars/Suv-s.

Ever, in all of automotive history, including arguably the notorious Koreans and Chinese firms.

Well, they are about to acquire the world's inarguably (so say most automotive aesthetes one has encountered on the net or in print) greatest creators of automotive beauty, Pininfarina.
  2. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

I am not sure how I feel at this moment. Should we be happy that Mahindra will design better vehicles now or the legacy of Pininfarina is going to diminish very soon. Well, all in all we will just have to wait and watch what happens next.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No, they're canny businessmen, it should do both firms a world of good. I'd have preferred Tata Motors personally, i think they have more 'pedigree' and multicultural nous/respect (e.g., JLR). But that is a worthless sentiment. Better to owned by a responsible and savvy globalizing Indian firm, Mahindra, than to....die, no?!

btw, do savour (if you have not already) this very affectionate video on the Alfa Romeo 8C Disco Volante from Jeremy Clarkson/Topgear, recently, a new example of what other storied, old, artisanal coach builders like Pininfarina can do, IF they're Italian:

4. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Going by what Tata did with JLR this can also be a great turnaround story. Be prepared to see more Indian companies with deep pockets doing such major take overs globally. In 2010 legendary investor Mike Maloney had predicted third world countries / poor countries will be in a better position to handle the uncertain future better than rich countries (see ). That is because of the fiat currency (paper currency without backed by physical resource like gold) in those countries losing their value rapidly. Dollar collapse is not too far - it is just around the corner. Resources in the rich countries will be under tremendous pressure. A major recession has been predicted - has not hit us so far because these so called rich countries had been keeping it away by QE (quantitative easing - another term for printing as much currency as the country wants). But QE has not done any good In these situation so called third world countries having under utilized resources will become comparatively rich because of their physical assets (they had not utilized so far). Also these countries have more working age people than retired age people - that is a big asset. So, he had predicted third world countries will rule the world in future. We started seeing that happening in last recession - Corus, JLR, etc. More will follow as time passes.
    Saket Sidana and prabhjot like this.