1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Legend Killer !! Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by amargawade90, Sep 21, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    To help you feel better, the Linea diesel once returned 12kmpl for a 130km return trip. :evilsmile . And double that for many others.

Like Ramjn above said, it all depends on a variety of factors.
    2 people like this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats on your Punto. 1.4 is a power machine.
    Nice pictures :) You seem to be a big fan of close-up shots.
    To get better mileage, use acceleration to get to speed quickly in 1 & 2 gears and quickly slot to 3, 4 and 5th gear. And then maintain speed at 80kmph. You will see MID showing 12, 13, 14 and then 15 kmpl.
    1.4 is power at a price, because of the petrol prices.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Thanks For Tip's..... I Always Try to slot 5th gear as fast as possible. ( But IMO,1st gear is useless , very very Short )
    Right Now I'm Not exceed Speed 70km/hr...( Run in Period)
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very correct. If one drive between 70-80 Punto 1.4 can give 17+ for sure. I got 20+ for 40 km stretch on my way to Mahabaleswar. Got 19+ few times for 25kms from my home to Panjim. But don't travel with lower speed in higher gears like many Maruti owners do. Forget about Punto. Its bigger petrol brother had obtained 20+ with other TFI members.

For its weight 15-16 kmpl which is assured on a highway with 100+ speed is very decent.
    1 person likes this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had heard the beeps at 120kmph when my car was just around 250kms old. No harm in crossing 100 once in a while. How you drive matters.
    1.4 emanates a peculiar music at 80 and above...that's music is intoxicating.
    1 person likes this.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Even Our ZEN Gives us 13-15 km/l (1L Engine) , So for this Power Engine (1.4L) 12-14 km/l is More than Enough....
    as soon as Run-in-period Over , then I can not control my feet at all...( Even I Drove ZEN at 110 km/hr Easily at Palm Beach Road ) ( My (and DAD too )Top Speed in ZEN was 125km/hr , actually i Do More but i little fear that ZEN tyre are Old and they can burst , if i speed more )
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Good pictures Amar! Hope you are able to conc. on studies ;) best of luck.
    2 people like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Nice pictures Amar. Congratulations.
    1 person likes this.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Today , Our Punto Just Completed 105Km's and Total Average Comes to 8.1 Kms/L !!
  10. LineaDriver

LineaDriver Novizio

KL-07
    Congrats again amargawade90. Just forget about the FE till you do some ~2500kms, it will defenitly improve and as others said, it depends on your driving style. Enjoy the drive, and take it to a ghat section to really get the feel of the car on the curves and gradients.

Finish of your exams, and give us your detailed driving experience.

All the pictures are good, I particularly liked your floor mats.
    1 person likes this.