1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Kutchh; Expressed.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Harsh, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Long over due, upon my return I was to post this mesmerizing experience.
    Not only to boast my home town, but also, to show each one of you readers that in that lonely desert peace is what will chase you and you in turn will chase divinity and sanctity.

It was a drive that I had never experienced before. Roads all over Gujarat are simply "Autobahn"ous for a pot-holed Mumbaikar like me.
    I covered a round trip of 2735 Kms which was perfectly timed with enough family functions to make sure I anticipate the drive. :D

Gujarat in its true essence, is very hospitable and one can see it in the roads itself. Apart from talking about roads, I would say the discipline on the Highways is pretty commendable. Yes, there are parts that take a toll on the car, but then, it's like a drop in the ocean.

The route of the entire trip was

Mumbai-Ahemdabad
    Ahemdabad- Viramgam
    Viramgam-Gandhidham
    About a 12-13 hour drive with ample stops to eat the Gathiyas and drink the "cha".

After all family requirements fulfilled, We began the next chapter...

Gandhidham-Bhuj
    Bhuj-Narayansarovar
    Narayansarovar-Koteshwar
    Koteshwar-Dhordo
    Dhordo-"Mata Na Madh"

I am no travelougist to actually beautify the already prevailing beauty that lies there.

At loss of words,

I Shall let do the photos do the talking :)

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3082.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

IMG_3084.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg
    11 people like this.
  2. The drive was most pleasant, obviously, with the Tjet with such amazing performance.
    All the way I could only imagine a nice raw sounding exhaust which is now playing on my mind. Every curve seemed like a photo opportunity with the Jet and every straight stretch of road was instigating to grunt out the heart of the jet.

the entire trip returned an almost constant FE of about 13.7 kmpl but it was happiness for miles and miles. I never took her thinking she was economically maintainable!

And yes! what fiat guaranteed, the Jet delivered. Appreciation.

Heads turned, eyes became wider as the Jet effortlessly slid along the narrow pathways and "Sherries" of Gujarat "gams".

Some more photos to help my ineffective attempts at putting it all in words...

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    10 people like this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Nice travelogue Harsh. Yes the pics speak more than the words. Looking at the pics, I felt its wasnt you taking the T-jet for a ride but the T-Jet taking you guys for a ride. Keep the pics coming. Any information of Kutchi cuisine savoured during the trip is more than welcome, with pics of course. :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Nice and crisp write up Harsh. Linea looks amazing!! Awaiting for more pics :)
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    All the Pics are great! :upThe pics in desert post-sunset looked especially..erm..dangerous! :p
  6. This trip is still incomplete... I wanted to be there on a full moon at night!

That day was 2 days before the full moon and that evening at 7 was a wedding we couldnt miss...

I am planning one more next year would love it if someone wishes to join!

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2
    3 people like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Harsh,

If you are sponsoring, we might as well have a Team Fiat meet in Kutch.:D I am sure lot many Ahmadavadi's might want to join. What say???
    :redcar
    1 person likes this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Next year???? I cant wait for 2015!!!:evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  9. Channa! I meant 2014 December...im still in transition 3:)

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2