1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Jet meets her nemesis

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Flywheel, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

(A biased review between an Fiat Linea T Jet Emotion and a Honda City S MT i- Vtec)

I had just reached Hosur after a long drive from Pune, I wasn’t too tired so I was sitting and chatting with folks at home when I felt the temperature drop suddenly and chill set in. Our dear little dachshund went mad, he started barking and jumping up and down. The strange thing was he was wagging his tail, I quickly understood that it was just that my dad who had come home. So why the chill?

I went outside and there I saw it, probably the bestselling car in the segment, a sparkling brown Honda City I-Vtec was staring at my Oceanic Blue T Jet. The City didn’t take too kindly the fact the Jet had taken its parking slot at home. I just gave the city a cold stare and patted my Jet and told her, “Don’t worry we will take care of her tomorrow and probably teach her a few things– A lesson in dynamics perhaps.” Saying so I retired for the night thinking about the things I could do the next day, little did I know the bickering between two cars would continue. Read on to find out!!

15 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Excellent start Tejas. Eagerly waiting to read further. Keep coming. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Amazing start Tejus, I am glued to this thread! Awaiting for the face off!!! :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

(The conversation as mentioned to me by my beloved car the next day)

City – You think you’re better than me? How dare you take my parking slot?
    Linea – Think? Nah!! I am very sure that you’re not even competition.
    City (Now turns its lights on and tries to ram this obnoxious new comer)
    Linea – Hang on buddy, you sure your flimsy metal can take on my tank like build. If you’re so intent on suicide go right ahead, I’ll take it on the chin.
    City (Turns on her high beams to look better and then tries to come forward some more)
    Linea (Just flashes her high beams and blinds the city) – They say my dual parabola head lamps are pretty good. IMG_1885.JPG

City (Temporarily blinded but still with the hurt ego retreats) – Blah blah blah, I sell more in a month than you sell all year honey, Go figure!!
    Linea- There are brands like Louis Philippe and then there is a Louis Vuitton, I am made for a true fan who appreciates style and class.

City (A little scared now but still arrogant) - You don’t cost as much as me, honey. I am almost 2 lakhs more than you. IMG_1888.JPG

Linea- I pity the poor sods who buy you, you are still a little girl but I am Italian woman – I have character and I do throw tantrums, try throwing tantrums and see how many men keep you.
    City (Angry again) – Prove it! Prove it!
    Linea – Ah, proof is what you want! My owner never lets anyone touch me let alone clean me, I see you’re cleaned and used by a driver. Need I say more??
    City (By now the City has lost it, it almost rams the Linea side on when it sees the interior) – Hah! Look at your interiors it looks very disappointing. And those panel gaps …my!! I could go through them. IMG_1880.JPG

Linea – You still are a girl, you think everything bling is good, it’s also about build quality which you will learn someday. Most people admire my curves and don’t even get to see the panel gaps. Anyways kid I know how to make men happy and I am not too sure you do, lets deal with things tomorrow – I am tired.
    Before disaster strikes the driver manages to park the City beside the Linea and leaves for the day ;) (err Night).

The next day as the Sun comes up and the mist clears the Champion and the challenger line up on a deserted road. The City woke up in a bad mood and can’t wait to put this Italian woman who insulted her so much on the mat. The City taunts the Jet, the jet just smiles; It can see a hard right hander up ahead.

The drivers exchange looks, nod their heads and off they go. The Jet goes from a cool self-assured woman to a fire breathing monster forged in the darkest parts of the underworld, but what she forgets is with the wheels spinning so much in first gear all the way to 6000rpm you lose out in acceleration. The City is no slouch either with those Japanese eyes slit she just manages to sneak head and a smile appears, she thinks no one can stop her now.

It’s time to shift up the Jet shifts into second a tad before the City and before the driver notices the tachometer hits 6000 rpm the City just manages to keep its nose up ahead still. Then the Jet shifts into third, the City thinks it’s going to be a cake walk. The fact that this little kid can manage to keep up has infuriated the Jet, the shift up to 3rd puts the Jet in the sweet spot and she accelerates like nothing the City has seen before.

The City is momentarily stunned but then notices the Jet braking for the right hander, she wants to push on but the driver slams the brakes, it’s too late for the City and the it rolls into the corner and then starts to wash wide, understeer and puny tires they say. Meanwhile the Jet has taken the corner with the precision of a Swiss clock albeit on three wheels and creating a dust storm of her own.

The Jet races ahead the City hot on its heels, the next corner is a chicane which would test both the cars now with their jacked up suspension, The Jet takes the corner the little too fast for its own comfort the tail just steps out for a bit as the driver hits the brakes mid corner, seeing this the City thinks it’s got a chance to win back Japanese pride. She lurches into the corner just to find it so difficult to turn in. She decides to cut the chicane and kamikaze the Jet, anything will do but she just wants to win. The Jet slams her all wheel discs and stops in the nick of time to allow the city to pass. The final straight is all that is left between victory and a humiliating defeat for either party.
    Both cars enter the straight in third gear with the rpm close to 3000, the Jet is now as angry as it can be, looking at the City cut the corner. But she knows anger can cloud judgement and just uses the dollops of torque her engine provides to simply pulverize the final straight.

The Jet is on an absolute mission she just leaves the City to bite the dust. The race is over the City is stunned into silence, the Jet just looks straight ahead – the adrenaline still coursing through here engine.

As the dust settles and the sounds of screeching tires and roaring engines stop the two cars face off once again…..
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    18 people like this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

:clap: :clap: :clap:
    Tejas, Hats off, what a narration!!
    Enjoyed reading every word of it. You literally took me to the imaginary world!
    1 person likes this.
  6. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

City (Now with some amount of grudging respect but still unable to swallow its pride) – You may not be all that bad, but you just got lucky there.
    Linea – Good one dear girl, I can and will always beat you anytime, anywhere.

City (Suddenly gets a devious idea) – Hah! try beating me inside the city, after all my name is the City. I am sure you can’t beat me there.
    Linea( A little circumspect now) – City, hmmmmm ok let’s do it.

The setting was chaotic as usual, people walking everywhere, vehicles stuck in miles long traffic jams and two wheelers trying to poke their nose in every place.

The City just casually slides into the traffic (The japs are made small ;) ) while the Linea gingerly pokes her nose into the traffic. She is bigger than the City and is not really that nimble you see. Somehow the Linea manages to get out of this mess with the City already parked by the side of the road.
    The Linea takes one look at the parking spot and decides it does not want to park there. The driver tries to park anyway. In the meantime a couple of folks from the restaurant come running and say, “Saar, VIP Parking ulla iruku” (VIP parking is inside). The Linea grins and heads towards a neat parking lot and parks easily. Since the City comes along with the Linea it also gets to park in the VIP parking area. While the owners head for breakfast, the cars bicker again.

Linea ( Now literally glowing) – See people make way for me. I am like Monica Bellucci, people can’t keep their eyes off me.
    City ( Now completely cross) – Ya right, you took a good 15 minutes more to reach her. I wonder what your appetite is?
    Linea - Doesn’t matter dear girl, but even if it’s in single digits I will always be admired.
    City – Hah! this is exactly why most people don’t buy you. You will never sell as well as me.
    Linea – You may be a female version of Jackie Chan, you might get all the movies and the mega bucks but I will always be Monica Bellucci, I will always be admired. It’s better to be admired than sold.

Saying this much, The City decides it’s newest version needs a lot more bling and you have a spanking new City which looks the same and drives the same but has more bling on the inside and well the Linea goes home (err.. I mean the petrol bunk).
    On the drive to the bunk she thinks over a couple of things her makers are trying to do and wonders if it’s the right way to go forward, they have done a plastic surgery to the nose and rump ( According to me the two best looking things on the Linea) . Yes, a little bit of bling on the inside is good no matter what I said to the City, but don’t spoil the outside.

As they say, the saga continues……until next time.

I am sure you would have needed a lot of patience to read through this confusing piece, so thank you :D

Disclaimer: This is completely a work of fiction, the first part of the story happened when the driver was parking the car and the second was when my dad was heading to office and I was heading to the bunk( as usual ;) ) at a sedate speed. I just allowed my imagination to do the rest.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Now this is going to be a interesting one. For the time I was reading this thread I completely forgot my age and was back to the days of cartoon network. My imagination literally took me to the place where these cars are competing. Hats off to your writing skills sir!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Good Story Flywheel, enjoying this, keep the flow :).
    1 person likes this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

You have a way with words my friend. When I started reading the conversation, I was simply skipping the City part totally. Was reading only what the Jet says. Continue the conversations.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hai Flywheel,

What a narration? It is just mind blowing. Can't imagine the way you write up the things.
    Absolutely :cool:cool:cool:clap:clapping
    1 person likes this.