1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

THE ITALIAN TADKA... T(he)-JET ON THE ROAD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by Ranjeet, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    @pabhishek , In summers sometimes even after 15 minutes, i don't find cooling needed with temp set at 16 & AC in auto. I feel AC is most effective when engine rpm is over 2000. On lower rpm AC is not as cool.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Once the engine is warmed up, it should cool effectively , irrespective of rpm; that being said, engine is strained less when rpm is high and a/c on.

If you had kept your car under direct sun for long, it is generally recommended, to keep windows open for a mt or two, while a/c running to let the hot air as well as odour out.
    I follow this religiously. I have never set temperature below 22 ( never felt the need).
    Keep the re circulation off don't use external air. It will help in cooling faster.

If still not satisfied check with other Fass and take their opinion.
    Excelerate and prabhjot like this.
  3. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I follow the same procedure for effective cooling in my Punto. Or is it that the AC of facelifted linea a bit low compared to the previous versions?
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    And why will they do so buddy:)
  5. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    @pabhishek my car is parked under direct sun. should i use full auto?
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Ranjeet, in full auto mode, you will not have the control over re-circulation or ventilation mode. The AC decides by itself based on the temperature.

The AC in punto or linea, if I remember correctly, were very old problems and they were rectified on 2012 models. Even the previous models (pre 2012 models) were rectified free of cost. In no way can they be screwed up in the facelift. After ford, I believe FIAT has the best cooling.

I have felt the chillness even in the Chennai heat during peak summer.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ranjeet - If parked under direct sun for long, then as explained earlier, dont use full auto, instead press the recirculation mode on , open windows a bit to let the hot air out. cabin will cool in no time, atleast mine is cooled. :)

As explained by krish, you cant control different modes in full auto,
    I generally use full auto when traffic/pollution is a bit less, so as to strain the engine less and get better economy.

Full auto and ventilation mode use condenser a bit less when compared to recirculation mode.

Hope this helps. :watching:
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your new ride. Wishing you many happy miles with the beauty or should I say the beast. ;)
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
  10. Rahul Grover

Rahul Grover Timido

Faridabad
    Faridabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations on ur new ride, my new jet is in the pipeline but convincing family members is become tough, I really can't wait to own her drive safe and drive well.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 26, 2015 ---
    I can vouch for the ground clearance I took the jet (test drive ) on roads where I should not have, it just didn't bottom out. It was fantastic , I still dream and have goose bumps when I think the type of off roading I was doing with her
    prabhjot likes this.