1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Italian Supermodel- Evo 90hp Glitterati Gold

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by chetanmohanty, Sep 17, 2014.

1. vathsan

vathsan Timido

Bangalore
    Guys I had painted RPS on my GG color evo and it works absolutely fine. And the service center charged me RS.1200/-. Pictures attached for your reference. Since I've been travelling a lot from the day i had purchased the car, didn't find time to do the initial ownership write up.

20140923_132639_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20140923_132625_Richtone(HDR).jpg
  2. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Chetan !! Try to take it easy on the advice of driving it patiently till the run in period.. Once you are past this, you are in for a surprise man. True Wallet burning experience from my end :) Just floor on the pedal to your right extreme once you are past the run-in period and you know what I meant. Anyway, I don't promote either fast or rash driving :-D
    chetanmohanty and prabhjot like this.
  3. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Till how many Kms is the run-in period? Is it 1000 or 2000 kms?Till 1000Kms i kept it below 2000 rpm.Now my ODO stands at 1300Kms. I have started taking it beyond 2000 rpm but less than 2500 rpm.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 30, 2014 ---
    KHT Fiat caffe is still saying they cant color the RPS,because they dont have color code for Glitterati gold. Dude,I guess i will have to call up Aadya and get it done.
    vathsan likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Show them this above pic and ask to find out color code from Aadya :).
    vathsan likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do not worry much. You have covered a safe run in period compared to many of us here :p Unleash the MJD beast! Happy revving!
  6. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Got my first scratch now. Got it while entering my parking area,missed the iron gate locker(the hook like thing on iron gates to lock it to the ground).Its a small 3-4 cm scratch on the bottom of the rear door(doesnt catch the eye on first glance thats why :p ). Wiped the scratch with water and its little better. I will try posting a pic. Is there any scratch remover that i can use?Anybody tried this http://www.snapdeal.com/product/formula-1-scratch-out-heavy/462320?
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I have tried that product. For minor scratches, it does a ok job.
    chetanmohanty likes this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Why is everyone so bothered about the run in period. Fiat never suggested any run in of x kilometers or anything. Just drive normally. All this run in etc is not going to fetch u anything

You should see how every car is driven during the test run in the plant. It is literally tortured on the test track.

And for the record, I took my car to the max speeds it can do several times during the initial days of ownership. Attached different brands of tuning boxes and revved it like mad to do 0-100 runs.

It is now 3 yrs old and has 90000 kms on the odo with 0 issues.
  9. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My car's first scratch:banghead:

IMG_20140930_205614.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 1, 2014 ---
    Exactly I have started driving it normally now. The over cautious nature made me focus on the speedometer more and less on the road :p

Friends,my car is puling to the left.Took it to FASS yesterday,they found out that the left tyre had 33 psi ,while rest had whopping 42!! After that the car feels better but still i have that left pull. I mean the steering turns a slight left always. Should i again take it to FASS for allignment?
    vathsan likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Scratch is minor, and these things do happen. Drive in relax manner.

First make sure all tyres have same pressure. Try to drive on some flat road (normal road will have some sloping and difficult to judge). If you feel left pull, first exchange the front tyres from left to right and vice-verse.
    If still you feel pull, get the alignment checked with FASC or Madhus (Langford Road).

Keep an eye on tyre wear & tear, each 1000KMs, and if you notice any uneven pattern, get it checked. Again don't focus too much on these. When you have time, do these things.
    For now enjoy driving.
    vathsan, prabhjot and chetanmohanty like this.