1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Italian Supermodel- Evo 90hp Glitterati Gold

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by chetanmohanty, Sep 17, 2014.

1. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Super Congratzzz Chetan for owning this beauty. Surely this is a looker and the gold colour even makes it better. Have a great time - happy puntoing
    chetanmohanty likes this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations on owning the Supermodel !!

Time to make some changes to Profile (Car selection in Profile / Avatar)?
  3. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Guys anyone has installed rear parking camera in GP?I dont want the sensors as that will require multiple holes to be drilled.I cant bear seeing so many holes getting drilled:eek:. Has anybody heard about a brand called "Circuiti"? KHT Fiat caffe have this in stock.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Chetan, Firstly congratulations on the hot babe New EVO, I will suggest to go for sensors from Fiat as they are really very useful.
    you can ask the dealer to paint them in your car's body color so that they are not easily noticed. painting will cost around Rs. 200 to 300 only.

If you can get a rear view camera and Internal rear view mirror of Hyundai i20 which is auto dimming and will have camera display also.
    I have heard that Hyundai have started over the counter selling of spare parts.
    that will be icing on cake, as it has great visibility in night also.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    A bundle of utter BRILLIANCE (you in your golden Evo), even if you're mired in the notorious Bangalore traffic!

cheers, congrats
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Whats the display unit like for the one offered by KHT? IMO the sensors are equally effective as the rear camera. Since Punto comes with 1 Din HU, it wont be possible to accomodate a camera inpuit, you will have to opt for a seperate display unit. I have seen the camera display being provided in the Inner rear view mirror but for that the OEM IVRM needs to be changed by which you will lose the day night switching facility.

Even for a camera you will have to drill holes isnt it?
  7. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    They will put another IVRM on the OEM one.That new IVRM will have the camera output.I have seen them in other cars but these mirrors loose visibility in highways. The camera would require 1 hole to be drilled while the sensors require 4.I think sensors would be better provided they colour it to at least 95% of glitterati gold colour shade.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I had got parking sensors installed in mine while I took delivery. I had also got them painted for free (deal made during initial negotiations). The holes will be drilled in the bumper and not on the body - so not much to worry. Day/night modes on the IVRM is a very useful feature during Highway/City driving.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratulations. Do you drive through Begur lake - Singasandra road? Saw a glitterati gold Evo so was wondering if it is you :)
  10. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Not mine. I already know of 2 other people from different forums who have the same colour Evo.Might me now of them :)

Friends, i had an unfortunate incident.I hit a sharp stair(one you find in a shop's entrance).I got a sidewall puncture.:arghh: I had to change the tyre as we ll know sidewall puncture is too dangerous.I changed the tyre at Super Tyres(Apollo) at JC Road for Rs 5950.As i was leaving the shop,an Apollo Territory manager visited the shop,I showed him the tyre and explained how its just 3 weeks old.He took some snaps and got back to me yesterday,saying that they will give me another new tyre if i just pay 25% of the cost. I am thinking of using that as the spare tyre(stepney). But then what will i do with the company provided 14 incher spare tyre?:banghead:

10710795_10152730791955853_6693909416967748329_n.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 24, 2014 ---
    I am still confused whether to go for RPS(the OEM Glitterati Gold is available now) or for a camera setup?

Has anyone in this forum used a reverse camera that is available from Fiat dealers?