1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Italian Supermodel- Evo 90hp Glitterati Gold

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by chetanmohanty, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
  2. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Vecto told me that they can do it for rs 2000. I guess i will go with them,as its a new car and i wouldnt want to risk that at local garages.
    pabhishek and Raj_pol like this.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Do give the Trend Automobiles a try. They did a fantastic job on a red punto. So expect good finish and paint matching. It will be lot cheaper too.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    That is sad. I have almost similar story that happened on Sunday night (yesterday).
    An idiotic guy on his bike was trying to squeeze in between my Punto and road divider on my right side and his bike got tilted on rear right door and I quickly showed my hand and try to hold him. He got angry and he threw his bike on the right front door - needless to say, I repent on my decision to talk to the guy. It caused some deep scratches (around 4 inches big) and chipped off Punto's beautiful red decal beneath the window along with paint underneath (this is just like a dot).
    Later, when I checked there is a very small dent on the long scratch :( - that really hurt me. Anyway I let that guy off because I was in a hurry to attend reception of my friend's marriage.
    Back home, I tried Meguiar 2X scratch remover and it made the scratches almost invisible. The dent too is not easily visible. But it really pains me since this is the first time a guy is doing like this to me and then getting angry on me even though there is zero mistakes from my side. After going forward for few meters, he even tried to pick up a stone to scratch my car further (as was seen by my friend and my wife), but luckily I took a left turn which he did not really think of. But I don't have a pic right now.

Not sure now if I should go for a paint/dent removal job with or without insurance claim (I can club two other small scratches I have on car's right side). Worse thing - I couldn't note down his vehicle num or take a photo.

Does anyone of you have experience in claiming insurance for small amounts (say it exceeds the NCB amount).
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have seen many such incidents from B'lore. Do guys in B'lore have any road sense at all or are they all just some eccentric road users. I have seen myself many incidents in B'lore or Karnataka where they have been absolute nonsense in terms of road sense.

No offence to any of the forum members
    vayfiat likes this.
  6. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    My incident happened when I was waiting in MG Road-Brigade Road junction signal peacefully. He tried to squeeze in to a space that was almost not existing.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @vayfiat Sorry to hear that. Today I had an altercation with a cab guy near the electronic city toll plaza. He went to an empty queue and conveniently squeezed his way in the regular queue. Bangalore has probably some of the worst driving sense among guys. The neighbouring states are far better.

Somehow, I have to stop caring about these idiots. I would give anything at this point of time to move to a different country (developed) and be among civilized gentry.

Sorry for the rant, I guess at the end of the day, they are failures in life. Since they cannot afford what we can (through hard work) they pick on us.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Story I guess is same everywhere. I'm not sure how to deal with this. If some experts are out there, please help :)
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @chetanmohanty Do let us know of the quality of work from Vecto once you have done the painting.