1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Italian Supermodel- Evo 90hp Glitterati Gold

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by chetanmohanty, Sep 17, 2014.

1. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Members,I know this ownership thread should have come earlier, since its been 20 days since i got my Punto Evo 90hp in the smoking hot Glitterati Gold avatar.

Decision Proces:
    The hunt for a new car started last year around June 2013. I always wanted a car that looked and felt good to own. I have been driving since 7 years and its all been Maruti Suzuki vehicles.:). Those cars have been good but they miss the oomph factor and driving pleasure at high speeds.Anyways my wife and I checked out the following cars :

Went to the showroom on the day of launch, checked out the car came back disappointed as the car had too much NVH levels. Add to that when we opened up the bonnet and also the rear boot space the think metal sheet left us unimpressed.This was rejected straight away.

I loved the design of the car and also the price at launch was spot on at the time of launch.It felt like a steal at the price.But the long waiting period and the "I don't care" attitude of ford dealers made me stay away from the car.

Punto Evo:
    Then around the end of 2013 my plans for a new car was paused due to overseas travel. But in the first week of July 2014 , the spy shots of Punto Evo made me consider the Evo seriously. I had previously driven a Punto in 2010 of my friend. I loved the car that time but the interiors were not to my liking.With the new Evo,interiors looked awesome and at par with competition.
    So on 9th July 2014, I went to the Fiat Caffe and oh boy there stood the beauty wearing the gold dress. It was love at first sight.My wife was impressed with a car first time:p She also gave thumbs up and said that she won't leave the showroom unless i booked it :).KHT Fiat Caffe was awesome throughout the entire process.

I wanted the delivery on 29th July 2014 on account Ganesh Chaturthi.The SA called me on 17th to say that my car has arrived.I went for the PDI 3 days before delivery.Car was delivered on 29th thanks to KHT Fiat Caffe.I was told that mine is the first Evo 90hp in bangalore:cool:.

Initial Ownership:
    The car is a real looker and love the feeling when people slow down their vehicles or stop to check out the car.On the first day,my neighbour literally ran out of the house to check out the "Ferrari". Even a 10 year old pulled his Father's to show his father the "Ferrari" on the day of Puja.
    This is my first diesel car, so am still in the learning curve to drive a diesel car.The car is fun to drive on highways and handles like a Knife.At first,in bangalore traffic i found it little difficult to drive,but now i understand the engine and driving it in traffic is now effortless.I love the seats because there is no fatigue even after a long 1.5 hours commute.I am still keeping the car below 2000 rpm as suggested by members. I have done 960Kms in these 20 days.I tried to take the car till 150 kmph on NICE road and the car did this effortlessly and it still had more juice left but i had to slow down due to obvious reasons.
    Fuel efficiency(MID)-1st full tank-10.8Kmpl
    Fuel efficiency(MID)-Current-12.3Kmpl
    I hope that i am driving it properly as i was expecting at least 14kmpl from the car in city.Anyways i will wait till 5K ams on ODO for proper FE.

i)Chrome Exhaust
    ii)Floor carpets
    iii) Mud flaps-plastic ones.
    iv)I am planning to add a rear camera and i am still on the lookout for it.Members,pllease suggest a good rear parking camera.

I will end this with few pictures of the supermodel.

2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Congrats on your super model. She is drop dead gorgeous.
    chetanmohanty likes this.
  3. coolrider

coolrider Timido

Car looks super cool. Congrats.:)
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Congrats ChetanMohanty.The first gold which I have been expecting for sometime in our TFI. No wonder it mesmerizes the people whoever comes its way! Looking forward for more pictures and experiences. Aaasome Aasome !!!!
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

That white tape might create some color residue issue when gets wet. So remove that if you have not.

Btw congrats and happy safe miles crunching.
  6. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Removed that white ribbon and the plastic seat covers on 2nd day itself :)
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations.. The super model is hot and gorgeous!
    Btw, liked your way of parking the car, not disturbing the traffic.
    Where is that concrete road? Its been years since I left Bangalore and I have no idea of the road.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Congrats mate.. Wishing you happy miles ahead.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Heartiest Congratulations Chetan on getting home the Evo in the gold avatar.:finger:

Have patience and the FE will increase only post the first service, till that time get used to the machine. I would suggest not to change to the plastic mud flaps coz I have seen the entire lower section of the A and B pillar below the doors completely smeared with muck. The plastic flaps are smaller in lenght than the rubber ones.

Happy mile cruching and drive safely.:joyful:
    prabhjot and chetanmohanty like this.
  10. Linear

Linear Amatore

Looks smoking hot - a true Italian supermodel.