1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Italian Brunette

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by saroshmk, Oct 8, 2012.

1. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    20120817 - R4 - IMG_1481_01.jpg

Important things first -- here's a peek of my brunette taken enroute to Chirala in August, 2012.

My intro to the group is long pending, so apologies for not keeping with the courtesies of the forum. I have been on it since March, 2012.

I am based out of Hyderabad and had been driving my dad's Santro a long time. When the time came for a switch, though i started the search for a hatch, i ended up with a sedan. To be fair, i succumbed to the temptation when I saw the Linea. Her lines were elegant, extremely well proportioned and there was nothing over-the-top. The simplicity of the interior turned out just the way i like it. The feature list and specs appealed to my head. I found no other car offering the features i got with the Linea at my price point.

There was always a nagging feeling about Fiat's reputation w.r.t servicing & spare parts. A good friend of mine who had owned a Linea since 2010 advised me not to touch the car with a barge pole! He just had a lot of pain with its servicing and spare parts. So, i decided to stay away and hold the buy decision.

That was until I then found this forum and began reading the posts. I must tell you the passion i saw amongst you good people convinced me that this was the car to buy. Some of the travelogues were inspirational. It took me back to the days when i found myself swimming against popular opinion about buying an Enfield Bullet. Then again, it was a great bullet forum and the places people were going on the bike that convinced me to press ahead. I bought the bike and it have thoroughly enjoyed its troublesome pleasure since then (weird eh?). It has been a very educative relationship and I'm discovering the same thing with the Fiat.

I've had her for a little over 6 months now and though there were a few naggles in the beginning, she's come around quite nicely. We recently did a trip to Chirala (about 350 km from Hyderabad) and I thoroughly enjoyed the drive and the performance of the car on the highway. She's definitely one for the big roads. And that's one of my primary needs -- travel and explore our beautiful country.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Mate congrats on your beauty :)
    I am sure you would love to cruise around in your ride across the country. Minor niggles are there in every car but the ride quality and the peace of mind when you cruise around in this car makes up for everything...
    Wishing you a million happy miles.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi saroshmk, welcome to TFI. Congratulations on your buy and good to see that you are enjoying the ride. Linea is sure a looker and "admiration guaranteed".

Wishing you a lot of happy miles with your beauty.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Welcome aboard saroshmk.

Your brunette looks gorgeous !!!
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations on the Bluenette. The Active model without the side chrome strips looks even more muscular! Now that FIAT has launched the moulded mudflaps, you can enquire with the dealer regarding the same.

The Linea's natural proving grounds are the open highways indeed.

Cheers.
  6. Welcome to TFI...oceanic blue on linea looks fabulous
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Congrats on your new gorgeous! Definitely the best looking sedan on road! Happy and safe motoring!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sarosh welcome to TeamFIAT India. Congratulations for your Italian Brunette.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congratulations Sarosh for your New Ride :car

Hope you will take great care of your Italian Babe...

Cheers...

Neel :up
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to the TFI family Sarosh....
    Keep posting about your brunette....:)