1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Ill F(i)ated Company

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Nov 4, 2011.

1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Talking about ads. Linea T-jet adv was the worst one. The key point was its turbo charged petrol engine, but if you see the ad you won’t understand anything about the specialty of the car. I am not sure how many Indian’s are aware of the existence of T-jet model.

Will strong media presence change the fate of FIAT? i Don't think so. By seeing the sales figures i am really worried.

R,
    Vishnu
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Come On Fiat India listen to us if you are watching us, the way the Fiat owners are coming up with great suggestions,
    Else just copy the commercials from FIAT (Global).
  3. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Somehow I have also felt this don't care attitude from FIAT.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    If you were Sanjeev Kapoor, you wouldn't be in the board room of Fiat India but on the sets of a cookery show! :-D

On some level, I feel, there is precious little any of the higher up's at Fiat India can do because it seems like Fiat SpA is too busy fixing & platform sharing with Chrysler & re-entering North America piggy backing on Chrysler dealerships. Until, Fiat SpA starts focussing on India, none of the proposal's Fiat or Tata make will see any approval. How intelligent is the decision to focus on the falling North American market while ignoring the growing Indian & Chinese market's is something only time will tell.

As for Fiat India, they deserve the sales they are doing. If, after being in the market for over 15 years, they still are struggling to get the basic's like decent quality dealerships, adequate avaliablity of spares & service right, then quite frankly, they deserve to be packing their bags and leaving.

I don't understand what the fuss about the 1.3 MJD is. It does not matter what technology you have. What matter's is how you use it. Maruti & Tata know that, Fiat doesn't.

Fiat market's it's cars like they are selling some hot exotic super car here. Do they need permission from Fiat SpA to start a marketing campaign here? I don't think so, so what's stopping them? Maybe they think they are selling cars like the Enzo where the sale is by invitation only.
  5. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    I agree. Their media campaigns are absolutely lifeless. People don't even know cars like the T-Jet exist. The T-Jet advert was more like an apology for bringing out the previous Linea 2 years ago.

Why this tentative foot-dipping and why not go the whole hog and be a lot more aggressive like some of the Japs? They need to take inspiration from the "Har friend zaroori hota hai" ad where every feature has been made into a separate ad, and so well too... or take the zoo-zoo campaign for example.

There are a zillion features in a FIAT car that need to be shouted from rooftops to make an emotional connect. Can't be that hard.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I had taken my car to TASS last week for minor noise issue from back wheel. Today I got a call from Fiat asking my feedback. So it is unfair to say Fiat is not doing anything. I think their customer service is really good(Fiat part). Fiat need to wipe out the curiosity from customers mind about the stability of the company and should try to give a confidence about availability of spares. For the former better advertisements and marketing strategy and for later exclusive fiat service centers. Rest of the things live to their cars. If maruti plays the role of market leader because of their service network Fiat can go ahead of maruti with their superior technology(and superior implementation of technology). If one speak of Heritage(in India) Maruti is a child in front of Fiat.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    End of the day sales figures count.
  8. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    FIAT made lot of blunders in India. Though their all cars were technologically masterpiece, finally careless attitude of company and dealers are responsible for this situation. Lack of plan and policy also. My openion ablut the cars they have introduced at wrong time. By using their design Tata enjoyed a lot and almost is at No 3 position today. But FIAT is struggling
    to remain in last few. Just read.

1. FIAT Uno launched in 1997, fiasco with premier, non returning of booking amount. Though it is one of the best diesel car at that time but cost was toooo high. Rs 4.5 lakhs in 1997. Also overall outer shape was matching with Maruti800 which was in market since 1989. (Actually Uno was quite spacious). So people got bored with outer look and dealership problems.

2. Palio was launched in 2001 when similar shaped car (Indica) also was introduced by Tata. Again spares issue, arrogant dealers and mileage issues killed Palio within 2 years. Same time Sienna was introduced but not got response.

3. Petra introduced in 2004/05 but at the same time Tata launched Indigo which outer shape was similar to Petra. So peoplae got the similar size car in less (Their is no comparison of features and engine performance though)

4. Then 2006 Fiat introduced Palio Stile which looks were good but interior was boring. Also by then magic of MJD was not started fully. And many people were not knowing that it uses the same engine which is used by 60% of cars running on Indian roads.

5. Linea was introduced in 2009 but Advtz campaign was not sustained at par with others. Also when other are giving 1.6L engines FIAT came up with 1.3/1.4 L engine. (their bad fate). Tjet was misaerably failed due to rising petrol prices. ( but I wonder how people are buying petrol cars with 1.6L engines from other brands). So linea is still struggling.

6. Punto / Punto 90hp also still struggling inspite of being most beautiful and stylish
    babes.

Really in Indian market it is very difficult to come up after a bad name.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  9. Guys, to be honest i was really impressed with Linea's first ad, a father and son + a kid whistling. That ad really made sense considering the beauty of Linea. Punto ad with yuvaraj was also good. But like many others here they should have had a broucher atleast for the customer visiting Tata dealer with list of all features in the Car.

PS: Recent ads of linea tjet and punto [thief trying to steal] are worst i have seen
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Agree Zillion times.
    What kind of moron will take a thief on a drive to explain features ?
    The day is saw that add first time, i wished i could kick on the balls of advertising team...damm it, their ill doings are causing dent to our prestigious ownership.