1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Ill F(i)ated Company

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Nov 4, 2011.

1. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

I am too ready for this
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sorry to offtopic guys

What happened about the National TFI Meet?

Amogh has withdrawan his plan and he is out of this meet I mean to say from organization & not sure if he will attend the meet.

TFI members from South India (AP, TN, KA, KL) are planning a TFI Meet. A request to organizers of this meet lets plan to this meet at central location so that members from Maharashtra will also attend this meet. Please schedule it on Weekend so that we can drive down to South India or any other location.

Mumbai guys : Anyone
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Well ... to make the National meet a GRAND success, a huge number of participants is required. The South Indian Meet was proposed and in within 2 or 3 days there is no more discussion. Seems like a shortage of enthusiasts around.

Personally .... I am IN for either a South Indian Meet or a National Meet given the distance travelled is reasonable. A Central Point is hard to decide as what might seem close to few may be very far for the others. I would love to attend a factory meet if organised again though.

Mods : Please move these posts to the appropriate thread.
  4. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Fiat should launch ads with real Fiat owners, they should mention abt the TFI forum in their ads, make this their own forum.

Also it should try getting a model between 3-5 lakhs to do a reality check for Fiat with some good power like the other makers.

Again it has to have its own showrooms and service centers.

We keep on saying all this..but is Fiat really listening?
  5. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    The key is clever , appealing and non-stop advertising, which shout out the attributes and features of these beautiful cars. Other car companies are selling tincans and coffins with wheels just by attractive and nonstop advertising. Many prospective buyers dont know the many features these cars have, as there is nothing mentioned in whatever little advts they do. Fiat has to has to spend much more on advts.
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    What to talk of ads, even sales personnels don't have complete & accurate info.
  7. devansn

devansn Novizio

I think I am seeing Fiat advertisements frequently. But all the time its the same one - the "At Fiat we make cars with Passion... starts at 3.87 lakhs" one. This ad is good for a person who already knows what Fiat cars are all about and is already convinced about their quality. I think the advertisements need to talk about the features, safety, durability, spare prices, etc. Actually there should be different advertisements, each focusing on different positives of a Punto / Linea.

Since last few years people like us have been talking about how common man is unaware of the positives of a Fiat. Still how come Fiat India or Italy, for that matter doesn't even realize the same? Or is it that they are in some legal trap restricting them to advertise based on comparisons with other cars using their engine or something?!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Not at all. Everyone is doing it. TATA does it.

Look at Renault. How they are flaunting their history and recent technological knowhow in F1.

FIAT needs to learn this art. Of overstating everything. Of slapping people awake. Of shouting at people. Of needless exaggeration of even the smallest details. :)

Then, we shall see. ;)
  9. Satyajit

Absolutely. They need to be a lot more aggressive with their media campaigns... showcase each and every feature, appealing to us emotional Indians where it matters. It's really sad to see those other tin cans selling purely cos of their advertised mileage and nothing else.

I've been pounded with dozens of questions on my purchase of my T-Jet+... and quite tired of convincing them all. Fiat needs to put me on a retainer!
  10. We have been going on and on about the methods that fiat india should adopt to improve its sales. But the question is, IS FIAT SERIOUS ABOUT ITS BUSINESS OF SELLING CARS IN INDIA?? It doesnt seem so. it seems very difficult to be revived from this low but then, miracles do happen and i hope fiat comes up with one (though i seriously doubt it)