1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The Hot Hatch - my PUNTO EVO DYNAMIC 1.2 F.I.R.E

Discussion in 'Punto 1.2 Fire' started by Daipayan Chattoraj, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Daipayan Chattoraj

Daipayan Chattoraj Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Small Update
    Had a detailed discussion with Mr.Chowdhury of Garodia. As things turn out that due to excess rain and flood situations the car will arrive at Kolkata only on 8th. I have rescheduled my return and will be doing the PDI on 10th at their workshop
    Turbothinghy, Sujit508 and Deepak like this.
  2. Daipayan Chattoraj

Daipayan Chattoraj Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Appalled by the lack of update and absence of customer satisfaction process of Garodia.
    It has been almost a month since I booked the car, and since then the only updates I get is when I give a call to them. Till now the vehicle is in "MP" due to incessant rain and flood situations.
    I have no issues with delays, what I despise is the lack of apathy or simple courtesy to keep your "handful" customers updated.
    I really feel this one line I read somewhere in TBHP reviews that they are not selling the car, I am buying it.
    Thus the wait continues
  3. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations on the purchase of this red hot hatch. The 1.2 is a highly underrated engine but it is still a very sweet performer.

Regarding your dealership experience and delays, I fully empathize with you as we went through the same experience. No proper updates, no calls till we pester and delivery delays. We received our car 35 days late. So all I can request you is to be patient. Fiat has this nasty reputation which they need to work on earnestly.
    Daipayan Chattoraj likes this.
  4. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Congratzzz Daiyapan for hottest hatch. I also own 1.2 and its pretty good car for city rides though might feel slightly under powered in triple digit speeds. Also engine peppiness gradually increases after usage. Enjoy the ride and keep posting updates once you receive the car.
  5. Chirag Jain

Chirag Jain Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @Turbothinghy: I love the style of Punto and planning to buy it soon. Can you please check and elaborate on the discounts and freebies your colleague got. Also from which dealer he bought it. If can give a slight idea about till which rate can the price be negotiated. Appreciate your reply.

Asking coz I am weak in bargaining.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Chirag Jain, from your profile, it seems like you are looking for Evo 1.2 petrol. In Delhi NCR, I had a work with Kashyap Fiat and they were giving good discounts. I didn't check VIN, etc as it was just talks and I could get them to offer me 1.2 petrol Dynamic version at 5.35 L on road. they were giving around 25-30 K as discount with free insurance. I am not aware of road tax in Pune on how different it is from Delhi NCR, you should probably be able to bargain till 5.25 - 5.45 L on road, i.e. 10K here or there.
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  7. Chirag Jain

Chirag Jain Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Thanks for your reply Saket. The on road price of 1.2 dynamic in Pune is 6.25l around...Will I be able to get 75k discount here to make it 5.5l . Isnt that a pretty big discount. Also need a small piece of advice- should i go for petrol or diesel??. Right now my daily run is 15 kms per day. Soon will be getting married and not sure how km will be impacted with marriage
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Chirag Jain : Bro my colleague got the dynamic 1.2 4-5 months ago but he got from Pandit Auto. I also bought my 90 hp from Pandit only. Now Pandit is closing so you should check at Jay Vijay. The Pandit SA from whom I had bought has moved to Jay Vijay. Right now i asked him about 1.2 dynamic and he said it would come at around 6 lacs and he said there are more discounts on diesel models. Also he said that he has a 2014 petrol top end in which he can give you a lot of discount. His name is Prasanna and his number is +91 97-30-223579. Get in touch with him.

Regarding petrol vs diesel : It comes down to usage and your present usage warrants a petrol, but the diesel would be more fun to drive at highways. I would suggest just take a TD and decide accordingly after checking the discounts as well. 1.4 petrol is also an able performer and if you get a good deal on the 2014 model then it should also be in your contention.

Rahul
  9. Chirag Jain

Chirag Jain Timido

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @Turbothinghy: Brother, one thing, a car of 2014 tag is almost a year old. Wont it have any problem being kept in stockyard for such a long time??
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I feel its worth a PDI at least!! I guess some TFI members have bought 6-7 months old cars. It also depends on the discount that the dealer is giving. No harm in checking, after all its a new car, even if its been sitting at the stock yard for several months.