1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi
    Bought Bosch Symphony horns (similar to roots windtone or 'skoda horn') along with an adapter cable (nothing but a wire with female clip at one end and male clip at the other.).
    Now I can replace the OEM hella with that without cutting/removing insulation of any wires. Planning for a DIY in coming weekend.
    The OEM horns may find their place on my bike.

Rajeev
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just changed my OE Horns to BOSCH Symphony on last saturday. Costed 590 Rs per set.

Shashank...
  3. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    Stebel Nautilus will be cool but it would cost u around Rs 800/
    I had it in my car nearly 9 months no issues till now
    the sound is just amazing :up
  4. Speedbird001

Speedbird001

Surat
    Does anybody know where can I get Volkswagen jetta horn. I would like to fit that in my linea if that works. I have searched everywhere here in Gujarat . They say you can only get it from vw dealer. Then I took my friends vw polo and went to dealer and they said vw cars have lifetime warranty on it they don't sell it outside. They will will replace it for free if you have a prob.
    So if anybody know a place or contact where I can get that.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Why are you so keen on VW Jetta horn, even if you manage to get one it would be priced very high
    Roots Windtone, Bosch Symphony, Hella Trumpet all these sounds like the one in VW Jetta.
  6. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I fitted Roots Skoda horn on my GP active at a car accessories dealer. They have removed the bumper to dix the horns. To give the power to horsn, they have put a plastic clip arund the wire instead of inserting the male connector to punto socket. I beleive the narrow metal insert on the plastic clip is peirced into the wire to take the power out. Do this void the warranty, as there is no wire cut? Need suggestions

Regards,
    Ganesh
  7. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore
    I have fitted Roots Windtone for my FIAT LINEA at Thirdspace - Coimbatore. They charged Roots Windtone at MRP and no fitting charge, Though you can get it less than MRP but your have to fit by yourself.

They have removed only the Top Grill. There is no wire cutting they use 2 metal clamp for fitting.

Now I find it Sounds Good. Fitting was good too.
  8. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The metal clamp you mentioned, is that inserted into the Punto provided socket or peirced into the wire coming to socket? For me, they have taken power by cllipping to the wire.
    I just wonder if that voids the warranty or not. I am sure there is no wire cut, they have done the installation in front of me.

Thanks,
    Ganesh G
  9. NJOY

NJOY

Coimbatore
    Mr. Ganesh G,
    It is not punto It's Linea. The metal clamp which is used to fasten horn to the body of Linea by screw and nothing to do with the wire/clipping.
    This was done due to Roots Windtone is bigger in size then stock horn and Roots Windtone has to be placed such that it should not touch body parts otherwise you will feel vibration. To extend the length we used metal clamp.
    THERE IS NO WIRE CUTTING AND NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT WARRANTY.
    Thanks,
    NJOY.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Mine is a 2010 model Punto emotion. I didn't know that it has dual horn.
    Can we fit an extra horn for Punto for safety purpose? In case if one stops working we can use the second one.