1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one horn fell off......am very badly addicted to honking,and my honking can't be suffice with just one horn.so bought new set of roots horn.paid 420/- whereas print rate was 550/-......got it from kashmiri gate (maheshwari motors)............

2. nobrakes

Hey fellow TFian's, i need a lil advice. Went to my local accessories guy to fit a "skoda" type horn which i kept from my previous car into my new GP. Before he started, told me " wire katega nahi par cheelna padega" :eek:(wont cut the wires but will have to "skin" the covering of the wire)!

Ireplied in the negative and told him that i'll get back to him. I love my old horn and really hate this new single horn fiat has started plonking in its cars!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeese help! (Mumbai TFians, if u guys have changed horns in your GP's please let me know from where)

Thanks a ton!
  3. i got that installed without peeling or cutting the original wiring. The guy here bought a female pin and altered it so that it fit to the original wiring. you have to speak to the mechanic about this option
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

OEM horns on punto and linea are good, but unfortunately on my linea they are very bad. sometimes only one horn works after using it multiple times. also the sound is very low. got it adjust 2 times but again its not working properly.

Finally i got a pair of Hella " Skoda type horns" for Rs. 850. dint go for roots as i already have one in my other car. so wanted something different. Roots windtone cost Rs.450 and work beautifully. i am using them since 2 years.

i was very happy and eager to go and fit the horns myself. i read some diy tips here. but the DIY steps were for punto and opening lineas bumper/grill is very difficult and tedious.

the upper grill is bolted to the frame and lower part of the upper grill is pasted to the bumper using 3m tape :(

has anyone opened the linea bumper before?
  5. Italia-Linea

i fitted the horns. one word- awesome!! i was loving the roots windtone a lot. but these hellas are just more sweeter than roots.

for linea i will recommend only hellas as they are small and fit in tight places.

do not try to pull out the lineas grill. you need to open the bumper just from top to fit the horns. no need to pull out the complete bumper.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

hella horns FTW :)
    Next time, try stebel TM80 magnum.

Good to know that you need to open just the top of the bumper - I had to remove the whole bumper to fix horns for my Punto.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Share the pics of the installation and also share the model number of hella horn.
    My car stock hella horns are acting funny nowadays.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  8. Italia-Linea

i have already blown up 2 magnums till date :) they are the best to horrify bikers and auto walas.

but taking into consideration the way i honk they dont last more than 1 or 1.5 years.

the stebel wont fit in linea :(

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

sorry bro. i dint take any snaps. but i will go down with my cam and demonstrate everything again ;) when i come out of the back pain again, that i got while fitting them :)

my OEM hella horns were acting funny since many months. after they heat up only the low ones used to work. the hi ones dint. so today got them out. will fit them to wifeys kinetic ;)
  9. sahdk

sahdk Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    For the last couple of days I find that the sound of my Lineas horn has changed. Any suggestions what could be the reason. The penetrating sound has disappered and it sounds peppy.

Any suggestion to fix this is welcome.
  10. Italia-Linea

There is a tone setting screw behind every horn. try adjusting that. but be very careful, turn it micro mm by micro mm. if you are not able to do it ask some mechanic to do it.