1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anoop thank you so much for this information :)
  2. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Fitted Roots Windtone 90 horns today. It sounds like the Skoda/BMW. I am a big fan of this horn. So much that I had to reject Minda & Hella umpteen times while searching for Roots.

It costed me Rs. 550. Installation dint require removing the bumper. They just had to remove the front grille.

I sometimes feel the horn is sounding a bit coarse inside. Is it because it maybe touching some metal part? From outside, it sound perfectly loud & clear...
  3. Raj, i have a bosch skoda type horn on punto and i experience the same problem you describe, coarse inside and perfect out side. i checked the horns if they are touching any metal parts and did not find the case to be. Not sure what the problem is
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I have the skoda/VW type horn with me. Not sure about the make but a good pair. Its pretty old too. Removed from our old Contessa Classic few years ago, which looks like a trumpet, but small. I contacted TASS (FIAT division) and they bluntly refused to accept the fact that another pair of horn can be fitted in. Number of reasons. There is no space for another pair of horns, there is no option of wiring....blah blah....Is it really true guys? Mine is an Emotion Pack Linea Multijet. The other day i opened the grill (it was very easy, just remove the 4 screws and pull it gently it will come off) and checked for space. There is plenty of space to accommodate these two little wonders. Now the excuse for space have been proved to be a big blunter. The only pinching thing is cutting the wires which will VOID the warranty. I really want those horns on my car. It sounds amazing, powerful than the company fitted HELLA ones. Need a solution guys, please advise. Anyone of you if replying to my thread please mention it Ok? Thank you guys.... :)
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    @pammuluvcars - I got Hella horns fitted yesterday in place of OE horns. There is no wire cutting involved if you dont want the OE horns anymore. You can get a horn relay from any automobile shop and fit it in.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. I also got the two small "trumpets" without wire cutting and also without relay. I will try to post some pictures tonight
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    @teky/chethansgangoor...... yours is a linea too?
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Shouldn't matter, I would think it's all the same between Linea and Punto.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  9. Nopes its Punto MJD
  10. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    Yes, even I checked for any part of the horn touching the body, but its perfectly fine.