1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. fiat-yamaha
    sir the problem is not for the wires and warranty.
    its the thing that aproblem would arise due to awter or short circuit
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well the correct name is Roots Windtone horn... I paid abt 500 bucks with fitting out here in Mumbai... Its awesome so far its been abt 8 months now am using it on my Punto
  3. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Same here...

No problem with the connection till date. been using this from past 1 year.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Guys , was able to finally get the Horns upgraded .

Horn - Minda Trumpet [same Skoda type horn]
    Cost - Rs.500/- [no wire cutting]
    Place - Elegant Kars , Lajpat Ngr....
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dilip 22G is it the same horn as on varoon 22G's ride, I mean does it sound the same
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A request to all who have changed their horns, please post a video of the horn sound, atleast a 10 second video ! i am so irritated at the oem horns, sounds poorer than my bike's oem horn and nobody even bothers to move out when i honk it ! i am looking at skoda type horn and have options like roots, bosch, FIAM(skoda OEM). it would be helpful if you guys post a vid of your changed horns.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Varun

I wonder if Punto and Linea share the horns; i've found Linea's OEM horns to be very good overall.

I have the Roots Škoda type horn on our Palio D and compared to them, i'd rather have the OEM FIAT horns if i were driving on the highway or the city.

The OEM horns are more 'penetrating' and further reaching than the Roots, which feel more like a expanding sound.

Although the use of horns on the highway is a contentious topic, but wherever they are to be used i'd prefer a more penetrating effect than a expansion kind of effect.

Gurjinder.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Gurjinder- Did you get a dual horn set up or just a single horn? I guess varunrtr got a single horn in his Punto judging from my friend's 2011 Punto Active that came with single horn only.

I have heard Punto/Linea with twin OEM horns and personally feel that the horns are potent enough to get side from buses and trucks.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Paddle S

Yes they are dual Hella horns.

Is there a provision ( connector) in the Active variant so that the OEM horn can be retrofitted?

Another added advantage of these horns is that they last long. Water doesn't affect them either.

Gurjinder.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    paddle shifter got it right... i also thought i ll be getting the nice dual horns in my punto, judged by the horns in the test drive car. but now, as part of cost cutting, they are giving only single hella horn in it and its way too feeble for my liking ! i dunno if its the same case with emo n packs as well.
    now i ve made up my mind for those skoda kinda horn :) .. just wanted to check all of them out , as they ll vary in their output sound quality !