Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.
Earlier puntos used to come with two horns , but 2011 onwards punto is comin with only one horn ....
mine is a jan 2011 model
is there a wire or the clip there in the wiring so that i can attach the second horn??
or do i need to add any wires to the existing setup??
i have 2 horns on 2011 model
Cost cutting on horns too...thats bad...
But whoever here has added/changed horns are Punto cars. Mine is a Linea.
Stock horns REMOVED, Changed to two sets one for Highways and when i am in Stylish City: Hella Black Trumpet Horn, Hghways: Hella Red Grill Supertone, added cut-out Lucas to both Custom wireing, got these fitted on front removing the frong bumper... Irony of the story got all of this at a Bosch Service center... got a switch added to switch between two.. out come simply awesome.
Where are the snaps please? Im glued to this site and need to see snaps for a DIY
Ok guys DIY snaps are ready but don't know how to add tag line for pics?
please post the diy pics asap. think the pics would be self explanatory.
or edit the pics in paint and paste them directly
DIY - OEM Horn replaced to Roots Windtone
First of all sorry for uploading pics late.
I'm not good at story writing...pls excuse me:sadblue
People attempting to follow this DIY has to be careful about Grill, Socket, Bumper & black metal pipes(Dont know exact name)....more over NO NEED OF CUT-OUTER as there were 2 horns already from FIAT
ok enough of talk, lets start the DIY:evil:
1. Pull the Grill from any of the corner
2. Once pulled try to reach the nut(Size. No 8 spanner) behind the FIAT logo(make sure not to pull the grill hard. Only thin built person's hand can be reached easily. I did take help from my small cousin brother)
3. This is the nut gets locked in to the bumper strap(Pic# 4)
4. Bumper strap(dont know exact name)
5 & 6. Horn fitting brackets.
7. OEM horn socket looks like this.
8. Female pin going to Roots horn.
9. Male pin going to OEM socket as shown in Pic#10(I dont think this pins are avail in shops. I got this from my bike rectifier socket)
10. Male pin to OEM socket.
11 & 12. Horns slanted downwards to avoid splash/water getting inside. Pls make sure to fit the Horn tight, if not may fell the vibration while honking.
After this do not try to fit the grill back to the bumper. Its not possible. Instead lock the nut to LOGO(pic#3) & just place the grill in. So that will be easy to do further DIY if any......
13 & 14. This the OEM horns from HELLA. fitted on my bike.
15. OEM horn socket.
Total DIY cost: 510/- only
1. Roots Horn - 500/-
2. Insulation tape - 10/-
3. Horn clips - 0/- (found in my waste dump box)
Hope i have cleared all points. Any further Q will try to solve
Separate names with a comma.