1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. anandlnt

anandlnt

Mysore
    Instead of removing the grille, it is easy to remove the bumper and fix the horn. I fitted BMW horn, but the pins were not matching. so had to change the pins and fit. worth the effort.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i am too going to upgrade my horns either to roots vibrasonic/windtone or stebel nautilus. i had nautilus for 2 years and i used it extensively. its an amazing horn.

can someone posts the pics of male female connector kit for these horns? and whether the kit comes with a horn relay?
  3. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    +1 to Stebel Nautilus. from ITALY :)
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    even i have put roots(skoda) horns on my black ogre.just front grill need to be removed to tighten the bolts for the horn.don't cut the wires use the sockets as it is,no warranty would go void..

these horns really goes with the masculine looks of punto.....
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same here.. Ive installed Roots skoda types horn in the same place where the stock horns were... No wire cutting and its been awesome so far
    1 person likes this.
  6. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    So , its called 'Roots Skoda Horn' [or something else] ... I am asking ths since we get a lot of variety of horns in Sec-16 Noida Car market , and it becomes difficult to choose from an array of horns .. Also , no demo is given ... If u fix it its final no excchanges ...

So how do we go about removing the front grill ?
    Any relay/fuse/clamps to be bought extra ?
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Does anyone have or build a dummies guide with snaps to upgrade or change the horns?
    How to remove the grille or front bumpers including the tool kit required...before buying the horns what kind of sockets it should have etc etc pls with pics.
    Google didnt come up with expected results
    thanks
  8. some one please post the DIY thing to change the horns...
    IT should be very simple with proper explanation...

does punto have 1 horn or 2 horns??
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    roots is the brand which makes horns for the cars and skoda is one among there customers...

local lingo for these horns are jalwaa in punjab(no clue about Delhi)

there is one more replica for these horns are made my mico bosch,sounds almost similar,cost too is at par around 550/-

front grill can be removed by loosing screws on the extremes edges of the grill left and right...(not sure bcz local mechanic did the task for me)

nothing is required,no cutouts nothing .....just keep honking paa paa paaaaaaaaaaaaannnn
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    punto has got Two horns made by HELLA(very well known brand for fog lamps )
    Last edited: May 15, 2011