1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    True,
    Same was running in my mind on that hoodliner heat and it might not stay for a long time.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Maddy79 , How much you have lighten you pocket by the entire process.
  3. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unable to find the the way upper grill pull out without opening the bolt behind logo.

Or how to open the bolt behind the logo ???
  4. nileshrmusale

nileshrmusale Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Everyone,
    I am having a query regarding the fitment of trumpet horns and its impact on the condensor.
    A week ago my cousin rode my Punto through a newly made speed breaker, speed would be 100+ damaging the bumper, radiator, oil sump and condensor.
    When the car was taken to FASS for insurance purpose the claim was accepted but the mechanic at FASS told me that the horns were fitted inward causing the damage to condensor.
    I read the whole thread and also saw the photos uploaded by you all for DIY, I could see a proper fitment given by Fiat for the horns to be rested and the same is done with my car .
    How can it be that the horns are the reason for condensor to be damaged ?? Please enlighten me about the same.

Regards !
    Pointed likes this.
  5. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g
    Can you provide the product code for those hella black pearls you got on your ride. I tried in Hyderabad, but most of the car decors don't know that hella black pearls come with OEM connectors.
    It will be helpful if you can post pics of the packing or the horns if you have any clicks before/after installation.

If any one from Hyderabad knows Hella Distributor/ Dealer info, kindly share across.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Maddy79 . I shall take a pic of the box and share later. Meanwhile below is the description of the product on the Invoice

HELLA BLACK PEARL TRUMPET HORN SET (011.225-832)
  7. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kindly suggest on horn change DIY,
    Is it better to open the entire Bumper for fixing new horns rather than fiddling with front grill alone.
    As most of us know that removing the front grill isn't easy & could end up breaking either grill locks , FIAT logo back mounting or there is a chance in lock slots of bumper get deteriorate where these grill locks fit back, which will leave the grill to rattle.

Do we need 2 persons to remove & fix back the front bumper or one is self sufficient.
    If any member of this forum has performed a DIY for front bumper removal and fixing it back, kindly post the procedure, challenges and precautions for the same.

OEM horns (Low & High) are placed approx 10 inches apart, will there be a considerable difference in the sound by placing them at different locations and increase the distance between them.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Its easy to remove bumper and one person job.
    4 screw on top, 5 in wheel well, 4 on bottom and disconnect fog grill connector.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Maddy79 The top and bottom screws are Torx screws T30 size. 3 in Wheel Well ( connecting the wheel well cover to bumper ) are Philips screws ( + ones ), 2 which are accessable after you remove the 3 philips screws are under the HL where the Bumper screws to the Fender Panel. One nut of Size 8 or 10 is on the inside of wheel well.

The tough part is to open the two screws between the bumper and fender. Ensure that you just loosen the top screws and not remove them till you have removed all other screws. Once all are removed then go ahead and remove the four screws.

If you have someone you has thin hands then you can just get the work done by opening the top and bottom 4 screws. But has to be done delicately.
  10. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g & @vIjAy_kHaSa
    Thanks for this info.

Before proceeding on this DIY,I did a quick look at the fastener locations specified by you.

My Observations:

1) Torx screws/bolts on cross-rail,top 4 Nos
    2) Torx screws/bolts at bottom 4 Nos
    3) Philips screws, 4 Nos (2 on each wheel well).
    4) Philips screws, 2 Nos (each side under bumper end)
    5) One torx screw/bolt inside the wheel well which is holding bumper to the fender.

Need little more info here:

6)Another fastener which will hold bumper & fender? As per your post it could be accessed after removing the wheel well screws.Can we access this from engine bay.

7)Guess the logo nut should be removed too, which holds both grill and cross-rail.But how to reach this nut.
    Forcing the hand by flexing the bumper from top/bottom doesn't look a clear way, is there any proper work around.

So, it would be total of 18 +1 (@logo) fasteners holding the bumper ,did I missing any.