1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    I have upgraded from stock to bigger pair. There are 12 allen key bolts and 6 screws. 4 under bonnet, 4 downside, 2 each behind mudguards after 2 screws. 1 screw in downside.

Thanks but will post pictures if anyone didn't get.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Horns upgrade

Guys its less than six months i had put new horns (Hella - Black) which have gone now i am planning to get it replaced, can anyone suggest good set of horns preferably the ones in Innova which is reliable and good quality ones..
  3. Get roots horn, will cost you 600 bucks...worth evry single penny. ...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Today got Root horns (silver) from satarson's motor hood 700/- they fixed the horns though when i tested the horn it worked after sometime all lights were down on the dash nothing was working the guys started checking for fuse one by one after sometime we checked if it was a battery problem and it worked but after some kms of driving again the horn stopped working but other lights were working fine i drove for some time and then parked my car and after an hour when i cranked the horn is working no idea what could be the problem. The wiring was not removed from previous ones and the relay is same which was used for the Hella horns.. pls advice

horn.png
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I have a Minda trumpet horn in my TJet :) Nice sound - the kind you don't mind being honked at with !
  6. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiamm Minda. I love those but could not get one in Chennai hence went for Stebel Magnum TM 80. It's been with me for close to a year and no regrets going with it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Do your stock horns sound like this?
    Though we're happy with em I've been thinking of getting Roots Vibrasonic :punch or Megasonic.
  8. confused between roots 'megasonic' and skoda type horns :( i know both make an entirely different sound, but that's what i'm confused about :p
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Go for the Roots its the best, nowadays even the rickshaw school vans have skoda's fitted in them, can't find out what's beside if you have a skoda horn.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys so far i have changed more than 4 horns in these 1.5yrs for my GP Active.
    First i removed the stock horn and replaced with Bosch Windtone horn (Skoda) type along with the kit and was charged 650 plus 500 for the kit. It worked for 6 months and gone kaput warranty had crossed so no replacement.
    Then went in for Roots Windtone horn (skoda type) again failed within 3 months and paid 600 for it. Got it replaced under warranty but my dealer instead replaced it with Hella skoda type since Roots replacement did not arrive in time.
    Again the Hella blew up within a month and got it replaced with another Hella. That too did not last me for 4 months.
    Then got so much desperate and went into Minda windtone horn horns. Again it did not last for 3 months.

Finally decided to go to traditional way and fixed up Roots Vibrasonic for 950 a pair along with my old cut out. It is been over 5months now and no issues at all. I think this is the best horn available on planet. Sounds are very good and people just go crazy hearing its loudness. Best horn for people who travel on the Highway's.
    1 person likes this.