1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

The horn upgrade query thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by pammuluvcars, May 12, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had thought that FIAMM is supplying horns to all VW brands here in india....they are all the same !
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes FIAMM MINDA are the guys who supply to skoda and VW brand in india. When i was searching for horn upgrade here in chennai we have only one shop in North Usman road which was having FIAMM MINDA Skoda type horn. Those people gave a negative opinion about FIAMM hence I have put Stebel Magnum TM80, a horn very similar in lines of one used in Skoda.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hey guys, any idea where I can get this adapter cable and what name should I refer to it, in the shops? I bought a pair of Roots Windtone, but did not fit since I did not get the compatible pins.
  4. I find the present horn on my GP to be very effective.. but still if anyone planning for horn upgrade spare a thought for STEBEL... they have some really good horns.... loud and scary.... :)
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    How can I fit an extra horn set?
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

I also want to install new skoda type horn on my gp mjd active!! What i have seen is a mixed response from owners regarding horn brands but i wanna know rank wise which are the perfect brands to go for?? I am not so much fond of honking but i want my horn to be effective enough whenever i need to get side from other vehicles and that doesn't sound much shrilly as well..thanks in advance
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have Stebel magnum tm 80 in my gp. I find it very good and effective

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    How much Stebel magnum tm 80, costs?
  9. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @jovi2403: Rs 800 + fitting charges 150 @ privilege Moto Mall chennai.
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @harry_1407 Thanks for the info.